Chapter 20

"Just try to stay unnoticed," Mr. Weasley muttered as we walked through the busy lobby of the Ministry. "That's the goal in the end."

"Don't worry, I can handle that," I smiled as we made it to the lifts. 

It's been a week since I left Hogwarts and started to take things into my own hands, I was an actual member of the Order and I was trying my hardest to take Marcy's words to heart. But it was hard, whenever I was around the twins there was tension. I think it had something to do with me...Or that's what I'd say if I were full of myself anyway. But I truly did think it was me...

Today it was my first day working for the Order, I was to shadow Mr. Weasley. We decided I was an intern, but I had to remain unnoticed and gather as much information as I could. Who was a Death Eater, was there a hidden plot, if they're in the Ministry: how many of them were, and what're they doing here. That's what I was here to find out. 

As we stood in the lifts, I was shocked when a familiar toad stepped into the lifts. It's a rather good thing I invested in magically dying my hair dark blonde, that way I could remain unrecognizable. Toad face took one look at me before turning around, not saying a word as the lifts moved on. When we reached Mr. Weasley's office I wasn't very surprised to see it small and cluttered with muggle artifacts. 

"Now, I want you to take this to Kingsley, but take your time." Mr. Weasley instructed. 

"Who should I look for?" I asked as I took the empty folder he handed me. 

"Yaxley, watch out for him." 

"How will I know who he is?" I asked confused. 

Mr. Weasley gave a chuckle, "oh. You'll know, be back in two hours. Good luck." 

Two hours?! By the time I try and find Kingsley It'll be two hours...I sighed and walked off. Loving the fact that no one looked at me. It was different than at Hogwarts, where everyone stared--or glared actually...I was always glared at by the girls. I found my way to the lifts, guessing I'd start with the top most floor. The lift moved up and down and to the sides, scaring me to death like the last time, when they pulled off at the department of magical law enforcement I couldn't help but notice the two other people in the lift freeze as a rather tall looking man entered.

He looked bad, this man as he entered, he had an air about him that screamed danger, and as his gaze fell on me he seemed to sniff the air. Mr. Weasley said I'd know when I met Yaxley, I think I met him..

The lifts stopped at the Department to Mysteries, so many feelings enveloped me as it paused there, I saw Kingsley conversing with someone and I practically jumped from the lift and toward Kingsely. The man he had been talking to walked off as Kingsley looked at me and laughed. 

"I see you've met Yaxley," he commented as he motioned me closer. We walked down the dark hall, I handed him the folder which actually had a small slip of paper in it. 

"Man is he scary!" I whispered. 

Kingsley laughed at me,and handed me the folder back, "what's your task for today?" 

"Find you and keep tabs on people, like Yaxley." 

"Excellent job then." 

I rolled my eyes, "my first task was to find you." 

"His office is on the second floor, straight back down the hall." 

I nodded, "I can manage then."

"Off you go," Kingsely smiled slightly. 

I moved back to the lifts, checking my watch, I had ninety minutes left to go. I got off at the second floor and walked through the aisle of cubicles and stopped in front of the big brown office door at the end of the hall. Pulling the extendable ears from my pocket, I slipped them under his door and sat there, there was silence on the other side. Must not be there. No one paid any attention to me as I sat there, I must look like a new employee waiting for her boss to arrive.  Which worked to my advantage.