[Act VI]: [Awkward Confrontation]

[Previously]
When she took off her sweater, and put it on her chair, I noticed that her arms had a disturbing amount of scars and cuts on them. Each cut connected to another, and it seemed like she tattooed herself, carving designs into her skin. Just off of this image, I can tell the pain she was in was as deep as the marks on her arms. Who could cause this to such a beautiful girl?

My mind began to travel all over the place, as I sat here thinking of scenarios, thinking of what could be the story behind the mysterious scarred girl.
-----------------------------------------------
By the end of the class, I felt sick. I wanted to know more about this. I know it's weird, considering I don't know her, but I just wanted to learn what caused those scars. But what if I offend or scare her? What if I bring back bad memories? I don't want to look like even more of a creep than I do now either, to be fair.

At lunch, Matthew and I were standing in line to get our disgusting prison food, and he was babbling on about some new video game coming out. My attention was still on Winter. I saw her sitting by herself at a table in the back. Matthew started tapping my shoulder. "Hey, you're next in line." He said.

Let me stop my daydreaming. Not stalking, daydreaming. Okay? I totally don't like her either.

I went and got my vomit on a plate, and walked out, waiting for Matthew. Once he got his food, he began to continue what he was saying.

"So yeah, it's looking pretty good. What do you think?" He asked.

"Oh, it's, it's pretty sick man." I said. I have no idea what this man was speaking about. I began to walk to Winter's table.

"Where are you going?" Matthew shouted. The cafeteria was loud, so I just pretended I didn't hear him. He ended up following me. I sat in front of Winter.

"Hi..why you sitting by yourself?" I asked.

She waved at me. After a few awkward seconds, she said "I just like being alone."

"I do too." I said.

"Oh wow."

She obviously was uninterested. Matthew sat next to me.

"Whoaa..what happened to your arm?" He asked, out of the blue.

"Matthew!" I said, hitting his arm. I know he's kind of an idiot, but I thought he'd at least know when to control it!

She smiled. "Oh it's okay. It's a long story. We can talk about it later." She said, speaking softly.

"Oh, okay." Matthew said. We were hit with a 5 minute awkward silence as we ate our lunch. Winter, surprisingly was the one to break the silence.

"Hey, you boys see me after school okay?" She said, smiling.

"Oh, sure!" I said, like a little dork. She grabbed her bag and began to walk off, as everyone headed upstairs to recess.

Matthew turned to me, laughing. "Haha ohhh brooo we're about to get some-"

"Stop." I said, cutting him off. "Try not to be a Matthew right now, we have some things to figure out."

Hm, I wonder what she was talking about. I hope we didn't scare her.
-----------------------------------------------
Another chapter finished! This was kind of a filler, but it still helped keep the story going. Sorry if it seemed lazy.

What do you think Winter has planned?

Thanks for reading! Next chapter soon. 😁☺️ -K.T