[Act XIX]: [Lost]

[CHRISTMAS EVE.]
[Trevor POV]
After the events that occurred two days ago, Winter has been calling and texting me to make sure I'm okay. I could feel A LOT better. I feel awful, all I've been thinking about is Matthew's family. They lost their only son, thanks to me. There's no way that he just got cancer out of nowhere and then passed away so quickly. But, at the same time, I don't think Mr. James and Winter would lie to me. Can you blame me though? So much has happened to me, it's hard to trust anyone.

I decided to clean my room, since I had nothing to do. My mother hasn't found out about what happened, but she is starting to realize how weird I've been acting. Do I think she's gonna do anything? Not really. I don't see myself speaking to her on something like that. I just do not see it. I don't know what would happen, and I don't want to know.

But, I do know one thing. My mother sure went all out for Christmas this year, and I have no idea why. I'm so used to seeing this place look so depressing, that it's kinda weird. It brings my mood up a little tiny bit, but not enough. I'm just really curious as to what made her wanna' get up and decorate. She'd usually just put up a tree and call it a day. Now, the house has a bunch of cheesy Christmas decorations on it.

I got sick of watching the same Christmas specials that were on Nickelodeon, so I just started watching "A Christmas Story" because I'm sure this is gonna be on until tomorrow.

I've been texting Winter all day, and I think she hasn't mentioned Matthew at all because of how I've been feeling. I wouldn't mind talking about him at all, but the thought of it is just unbelievable. I can't even began to wrap my mind around how Matt's family is going to go through Christmas without their son.
I heard the door downstairs opening, and my mother came in with a bunch of bags. I watched as she came in upstairs, right outside my bedroom door.

"Hey, sweetie." she said, while struggling to get through the door with all the bags she was holding. I went downstairs and helped her in, taking the bags from her and into the kitchen. I could tell she was freezing, just by looking at her.

"Ugh, it's so cold out there," my mom said, taking her jacket off.

"Hey mom?" I said, in a "If-what-I-say-upsets-you-don't-kill-me-please" tone.

She looked at me, and waited for me to continue. "What's up with all the decorations?" I asked. "You never decorate the house on Christmas. You usually just put up a tree and leave the rest of the house looking haunted as usual."

She laughed. "Well, you never clean your nasty ass room either but do you see me complaining?"

"Mom, you always complain."

"No, I just tell you to clean your room, Trevor."

"Nah, you compare it to stuff like graveyards and dumpsters and then you tell me to clean it."

My mother rolled her eyes. "Is it clean now?" She asked.

"Yes," I said. "I finished cleaning a few minutes ago actually."

"Good." She said. "We're going to have people over so do you wanna' help me around the house?"

"Whoa, like who?" I asked, also avoiding the question.

"Your cousins. They'll be here. You haven't seen them in a long time Trevor, relax." She said.

I groaned. I really didn't wanna' be bothered. I know for a fact that my little cousins will destroy my room, and I know my older cousins will try talking to me about the lord and stuff. I just wanna be left alone in my room. I pray they don't bother me.

"Be a good boy, and maybe Santa will fix that big ass forehead of yours." My mom says before going in her room and closing the door.

"I got it from you, mother!" I yelled.