I Hold In My Breath And Hide It

Every once in a while, they would all dye their hair. It was like a tradition to surprise each other with new hair. So today, while Minho and Taemin had their alone time, Kibum went to color his hair a strawberry blond.

After getting his hair done he texted Jinki.

Kibum: Do you wanna hang out?

Jinki: Sure, when?

Kibum: I'll come get you now if that's alright

Jinki: Yea that's fine

Kibum: Okay, I'm on my way

He arrived at Jinki's and the older sprinted out of his house and to the car. Jinki secured himself in the passenger seat and they headed to Kibum's.

"Didn't you have work today?" Jinki asked.

"I called in, woke up with a massive headache" Kibum answered, "I think Minho called in too"

"How is Taemin?" Jinki asked.

"They're staying with Minho" Kibum answered.

"Are they..?" Jinki asked.

"From what I saw yes" Kibum smiled.

"Finally, they'd been making eyes at each other forever" Jinki replied.

"Minho never stopped talking about Taemin" Kibum told him.

"Taemin was the same way" Jinki replied with a laugh.

"We're here, Minho's is down the block but I wouldn't interrupt" Kibum told him and got out of the car.

Kibum led the older to his apartment and let him in.

"It's nothing great but it's not horrible" Kibum said walking to the fridge, "Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure, what do you have?" Jinki asked.

"Lemonade fresh from this morning" Kibum answered, "Or I could make tea or I have coke and water"

"Water is fine" Jinki answered.

"Coming right up" Kibum replied.

He walked back into the living room with two glasses, one had water and the other had lemonade in it.

"Thank you" Jinki said and took his drink.

"What do you wanna do?" Kibum asked, taking a sip of lemonade.

"We could watch a movie" Jinki suggested.

"Sure, do you have a certain one you want to watch?" Kibum asked.

"I wanna watch a horror movie" Jinki told him.

Kibum let out a fearful breathy laugh, "Pick one then" He replied, I'll make some popcorn"

"Okay Jinki smiled and started going through DVDs.

They began to watch the movie and Kibum jumped at every little thing, Jinki found this quite adorable. Finally, there was a really scary part and what Jinki was waiting for happened. Kibum got so scared that he clung onto Jinki as if he was his shield. Jinki slipped his arm around the younger, cuddling him. Kibum snuggled into him, hiding his face when he got scared. During a romance scene, Kibum managed to fall asleep.

He woke up to Jinki shaking him gently.

"Ya, the movie's over" Jinki said quietly.

Kibum rubbed his eyes before stretching himself out a bit.

"Who died?" Kibum asked.

"Everyone but the main two" Jinki answered.

Kibum sat up and stretched again.

"How late is it?" Kibum asked and they both checked their phone.

"It's only about 5:30" Jinki answered.

"I've got a text from Minho" Kibum said, "Me and Taemin will be over at six" He read aloud.

"Guess we better prepare for company" Jinki said.

"They won't expect you here but they'll get over it" Kibum replied sleepily, "I've gotta wake myself up"

Kibum got up and headed to the kitchen sink to splash his face with cold water.

"They'll probably be hungry when they get here, I'll make some ramen real quick" Kibum said and got out a pot and noodle packets.

Jinki set the table while Kibum cooked ramen. Minho and Taemin arrived just in time to have hot ramen.

"So, you two are finally together?" Jinki asked smirking.

"Yea, we finally told each other" Minho answered.

"And did you..." Jinki trailed off, giving Taemin a look.

"They both know hyung, you can say it" Taemin told him.

"They told us after a misunderstanding" Kibum revealed.

"Sounds like you two took it well, anyone that makes them feel bad for it let me know" Jinki said in a serious tone.

"Only if they're still alive after me" Minho replied.

"They'll be mentally dead by the time they get to you" Kibum added.

"No one hurts our friend" Jinki smiled at Taemin who was shocked at all the support.

"Thank you hyungs" Taemin replied, "I'm very grateful to have friends like you" He said taking a bite of ramen.

"You're welcome, never expect anything less from us" Kibum told him.

"What's the story with you two?" Taemin asked, "I saw how you two acted at Jonghyun's yesterday"

Minho watched Kibum carefully while While Kibum felt like he was going to choke on his food. He didn't know what to say, he didn't want to say the wrong thing.

"U-Uh, we're just friends" Jinki answered nervously.

"But Jinki-hyung yesterday you were-" Taemin began.

"I was drunk yesterday" Jinki interrupted, "We're not together or anything"

"You two are cute together" Taemin mumbled and Kibum choked a little on his drink.

"R-Really?" Kibum asked.

Taemin nodded, "You two already looked like a couple yesterday so I'm not judging blindly"

Jinki left after dinner but Taemin and Minho stuck around for most of the night.