Leaving Just Questions Without Answers

Yelling. It was the only thing his parents did anymore. To be honest, he wanted to join in, but he had learned at a young age not to backtalk his father. Who knew a whole family could fall apart in a month? At first it was just overtime, and he'd be dead tired afterward. Then him and his mother began to notice the perfume and the way his clothes looked like he just threw them on. His mother found the woman quickly, anger burning in her as their suspicions were proven true. This is where they were now, driving endlessly, voices raising and raising, Minho had finally just tuned everyone out.

That worked, until the car came to a halt that sent him lunging forward.

"Get out" His dad demanded.

"And leave you with all the money, the house, and our son? You're not getting rid of me that easily" His mother shot back.

"I don't have a son, I don't have a family, me and Mrs. Lee are going to start our own family" His father told them.

"Whether you like it or not we are still bound by this ring!" His mother yelled.

Mr. Choi then ripped the ring off of his finger, throwing it at his wife.

"You're such a child" Mrs. Choi spat, "If you think just taking off that ring is going to make me leave you with everything you are sadly mistaken"

A gasp escaped Minho and his mother's mouths as they were both staring at a pistol that was aiming at the woman.

"Get out of the car" Mr. Choi threatened, a glint in his eye that made Minho comply without question.

He left his phone and anything valuable as if he was being robbed, none of it mattered anyway if he had no money. His mother did the same, the same fear in her eyes as she exited the car. As soon as they were out, he sped off.

They both began working, and Minho dropped out of high school to help out more since he was younger. When he was 22 he became friends with Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun, he was able to find a nice place for his mother and buy himself an apartment with their help. They became three friends you just couldn't separate.

-

That was how Minho finally explained it to everyone on the ride back from the hospital, all the words temporailly forgotten once warm beds welcomed them.

Kibum had woken up after getting two hours of sleep, when the clock had given him that information he felt the need to groan so loud and wake everyone else up in frustration. He knew why he couldn't sleep, and God did it make him feel so guilty. Jonghyun was in the other room and all he wanted to do was run out there and at the least tell him how he felt. And this feeling made Kibum want to cry, he thought he had forgotten about Jonghyun. He thought he was finally over it. He tossed and turned in bed, trying to get comfortable, trying to think about something else.

Then, familiar arms slid around his waist, pulling him close.

"Just because you can't sleep doesn't mean you should wake others" Jinki joked in his ear, placing a light kiss on his ear.

"I didn't mean to wake you" Kibum replied, relaxing in Jinki's arms.

"I don't mind" Jinki told him, "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"No, I just want to get more than two hours of sleep" Kibum answered.

"Usually if I can't sleep then something is bothering me" Jinki told him, "Is there anythiing wrong?"

"Everything's fine Jinki, I had a dream and it woke me up. One of those where you're like walking and then you fall and wake up instantly" Kibum replied, "Just hold me and I'm sure we can both get a good nights sleep"

"That sounds like a good idea" Jinki agreed and nuzzled into Kibum's hair.

That's when realization hit him, he's in love with two people. But one question remained in his mind, why couldn't he forget Jonghyun if he's in love with Jinki? Kibum's mind became a mess of answers that made sense but then seemed like nonsense. He closed his eyes and steadied his breathing, letting sleep take him before he thought too much.

Kibum woke up first, but instead of making breakfast he laid in bed. Sunlight kissed the bedroom floor and some of it snake up onto the bed with Kibum, although it was sunny Kibum knew it felt so cold outside it could snow any minute. He laid there for ten minutes before dragging himself out of bed to start some kind of breakfast, probably just rice and eggs. His heart stopped as he spotted Jonghyun sitting up on his couch, emersed in his phone.

"Good morning" Kibum said and Jonghyun jumped a little.

"Good morning" Jonghyun turned his head and smiled at the younger.

"I'm going to make breakfast" Kibum announced, heading to his small kitchen.

"What's on the menu?" Jonghyun asked.

"White rice and eggs, nothing special" Kibum answered.

Breakfast went by fast, and then everyone had work. Kibum had to spend the whole day with the man he just realized he was still in love with. The familiar heart break sank in and he left work that day with a pack of cheap beers. That night, when Jinki was asleep, Kibum got drunk and called Minho to complain about his problems. The whole conversation was about Jonghyun, whether he was talking about how breathtaking he found him or how he wishes he could just be with him. It ended with Kibum crying and slippiing back into bed with Jinki as if nothing happened.