Dig Into You Like A Thorn

One hit after another, one insult after another, then hours of nothing but their own breathing. They never believed they'd ever even see him again, let alone he remember what they look like after the consumption of so much alcohol. Taemin knew everyone else was probably worried sick, they could just imagine the situation.

Minho calling their phone over and over, being sent to voicemail each time. Jinki holding Kibum in his arms because of how hard he's crying because he just knows something has happened to his baby. Jonghyun driving around town looking for them as Chaeyeong walked the streets asking if anyone had seen them. Every time Taemin thought about it they'd start crying, whether they had reached the emotionless state or not.

Taemin's father found him, and Taemin didn't even see him coming. One minute they're heading to an interview, the next their dad is turning them around and slapping them across the face. They tried to call Minho but the phone was smacked out of their hand and Taemin was dragged back home. They had struggled at first, but once the basement door was locked they knew it was no use, they learned that from a curious childhood.

Every couple of hours he'd come down to beat and curse at them, then leave when he was satisfied. Taemin began to lose hope when they started to get closer to what they assumed was death.

-

Minho roamed the busy streets with Jinki on the phone.

"Just keep calling them and I'll keep searching, how's Kibum?" Minho asked.

"I think he cried himself to sleep" Jinki answered, "God I hope Taemin's okay"

"I do too" Minho sighed.

Suddenly, a familiar noise filled his ear when Jinki was saying something about how Kibum acted earlier.

"H-Hold on" Minho told the older.

Taemin's ringtone was going off in the streets, he followed the sound to a potted plant. That's when Minho saw a light out of the corner of his eye, he moved the leaves to reveal it and hung up on Jinki. He picked up Taemin's discarded phone and answered the call from 'Umma'.

"Hello?" Jinki answered Kibum's phone eagerly.

"Jinki, wake Kibum up, I think Taemin's been taken" Minho told him.

The minute he woke Kibum up he regretted it as the younger began asking for Taemin. The hardest thing was telling Kibum that their friend was missing and that Minho thinks they were taken. Jinki had to calm him down all over again, stroking his hair and wiping his tears away. Minho and Jonghyun arrived just as Kibum began to calm down.

"So how are we going to find them?" Jonghyun asked.

"We'll just go to the po-" Jinki began.

"No, we can find them on our own" Minho interrupted.

"Can we though?!" Kibum burst out, "Just because you don't want to go to the God damn police doesn't mean we shouldn't!" Kibum replied harshly.

"We could do a better job on our own" Minho shot back, "Trust me" It sounded as if there was venom in the last words, words meant to hurt someone who wasn't there.

"But are you sure we'll find Taemin quicker?" Kibum asked in a serious tone, "Is it worth risking their safety because you just don't like the police?" Kibum's voice crack slightly through his last words, threatening another break down.

"You guys can go to the police for all I fucking care! I'm going to find them myself!" Minho yelled and stormed out of the apartment.

Kibum, Jinki, and Jonghyun wasted no time in going to the police, Kibum carrying Taemin's phone as if it was the youngest's life line.