Now Slowly Lift Your Head

Wednesday came faster than Kibum wanted it to, he had been working so much the past couple of days it felt like he hadn't been home. Wednesday was him and Jonghyun's off day, the older would come over at three. He'd leave around seven as he had something else to do.

Kibum was racing around his house trying to make it look good since he hadn't gotten to straighten up in a while. He cooked some ramen and had everything ready by three.

Kibum hesitated to open the door when Jonghyun knocked, he was afraid of what might happen when the truth comes out. Jonghyun knocked a second time before Kibum finally answered.

"Hey" Jonghyun smiled.

"Hello" Kibum smiled back and let him in, "The ramen is still hot and you can pick the movie for us to watch"

"Sounds good" Jonghyun replied and walked to the dining area.

Jonghyun sat down at the table as Kibum took the ramen off the oven and brought it to the table.

"So Minho finally asked Taemin out?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yea, I'm sure they meant to tell you sooner" Kibum answered placing the ramen on the table.

"As long as they're not hiding it from me I'm fine" Jonghyun replied.

Kibum took a seat across from the older and began to serve himself.

"Why have you been so distant lately?" Jonghyun asked as he watched the younger serve ramen to both of them.

"That's..." Kibum stopped, should he tell him now? No, no, it's too soon, "There's just been a lot on my mind"

"Have you talked to anyone about it?" Jonghyun asked, getting worried.

"I've been talking to Minho" Kibum told him, "There's nothing to worry about, it's not like that"

Jonghyun sighed in relief, "Whatever it is, don't let it get like that"

"I won't, I'll never be like that again" Kibum assured.

"Good" Jonghyun replied and took a bite of his ramen.

Kibum felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he quickly took his phone out to check the text.

Minho: How's it going? Did you tell him?

Kibum slid his phone back into his pocket with a sigh and began to eat his noodles.

"Who was that?" Jonghyun asked.

"Just that frog prince nagging me" Kibum answered.

"What about?" Jonghyun asked slurping up a noodle.

"Something I'm supposed to do, he keeps reminding me" Kibum told him.

"When do you need to do it?" Jonghyun asked.

"Sometime tonight" Kibum answered.

They finished their ramen and Kibum kept going through his mind trying to find a good time to tell him. Jonghyun picked out a Romantic Comedy for them to watch and Kibum couldn't help but imagine the two of them in the lead roles. Kibum wished he could've laid his head in his lap, but he settled for resting his head on his shoulder.

The movie ended and it was ten past seven, and Jonghyun was rushing to leave.

"Hey Jonghyun, I have something to tell you..." Kibum trailed off and looked to the ground.

"Hurry because I can't stay much longer Chaeyeong is waiting for me" Jonghyun replied slipping his jacket on.

"You two have a date today?" He asked looking up.