The Only Medicine Is You

Kibum used make-up to cover up the bruises that clothes couldn't, neither of them wanted to attract unwanted attention. They didn't know how to explain what had happened, but they did not want any misunderstandings in public.

Jonghyun and Chaeyeong chose where they were going, so everyone met up at Jonghyun's and followed him to the destination. Taemin and Minho carpooled with Kibum and Jinki, and Kibum couldn't help but worry about the make-up coming off or Jinki's sweater riding up his arm showing his bruised wrist from his father's grip. He kept fidgetting, either shaking his leg or messing with his hands whether they were talking or not. Jinki noticed this and laced their fingers together, rubbing his thumb on the back of Kibum's palm. It worried Kibum at first since Jinki was driving, but after they stayed that way for a while that worry subsided.

They arrived at an arcade and met Jonghyun outside the enterance.

"I rented the place out, we have unlimited coins until 6pm" Jonghyun told them with a triumphant smile, "Let's go in"

Jonghyun led them in and up to the main desk, he recieved their coin cards and led them into the arcade section of the building. He passed out the coin cards to everyone and they ran around like kids, playing any game that appealed to them. The only couple that stayed together was Jinki and Kibum. Kibum played whatever Jinki played or whatever was near him, his fears from earlier still bugging him. Jinki didn't mind though, he felt the worry was partially his fault so he more than gladly comforted him.

Minho and Kibum ended up in a Mortal Kombat battle as Taemin and Jinki watched amused. Both of them had gotten their names on the leaderboards, now they were deciding who was the King of Mortal Kombat. Kibum had a good streak and was confident about winning until he overheard Jinki and Taemin and all of his focus disappeared.

"What happened to your wrist?" The younger asked worried.

"N-Nothing, it's nothing" Jinki replied nervously, pulling up his sleve.

The next thing Kibum knew, Minho was cheering for himself.

"I am the Mortal Kombat King!" Minho announced triumphant.

"Y-Yeah right, I let you win" Kibum replied, trying to act as if nothing was bothering him.

"You want another round?" Minho asked, confident of winning again.

"Maybe later" Kibum answered, fidgetting with his hands.

"Kibum, are you alright?" Minho asked, "You never back down from a chance to prove you're better"

"I'm fine" Kibum answered flashing a smile.

Jinki laced their fingers and began trying to calm like earlier.

"Are you sure you're alright? Your hands were shaking" Minho asked.

"It's five minutes til six, we have to go" Jonghyun said running up with Chaeyeong, "Is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine" Taemin spoke up, "Where are we going next?" They asked.

"Me and Jonghyun are going to pick up some KFC for everyone" Chaeyeong answered.

"You guys can just meet us at my place" Jonghyun told them.

When they left, the four of them made it to Jonghyun's first as expected. They waited in Jinki's car, since none of them had the key, for Jonghyun and Chaeyeong to arrive. They had talked the whole way there, but now they all sat in silence until Taemin spoke.

"Who did it to you?" Taemin asked, his tone serious.

The other three looked to the youngest, but only Jinki replied.

"I told you it was nothing, I just hit my arm on something" Jinki answered.

"Do you really think you could lie to me about a bruise like that?" Taemin replied.

"What bruise, what happened?" Minho asked concerned.

Jinki let Kibum roll up his sleeve for him, revealing the bruise from when he was dragged away from Kibum by his father.

"Kibum, you knew about this?" Minho asked, anger flaring up.

"I was there" Kibum revealed and lifted his shirt up to show his bruises.

"What happened to you two?" Minho asked.

"My parents came over for a surprise visit this morning" Jinki began, "They found out I'm gay and my father was furious, I've never seen him throw a fist in his life. Next thing I know, Kibum is pushing me out of the way of the first hit. From then on, it went back and forth a bit until I hit him and demanded them out" Jinki finished.

"If they ever show up again, call me" Minho told him.

"I thought they'd be happy for me" Jinki said, tears welling up in his eyes, "I thought they'd support me"

Kibum wiped the older's eyes before speaking.

"It'll be okay, you don't need their approval" Kibum told him, "Family are the people who are by your side and support you all the way through, and most of us here have had to make our own"

He kissed Jinki's lips lightly.

"I'm happy as long as I've got you" Jinki smiled and Kibum smiled back as Minho glared at him.

"I love you" Kibum told him.

"I love you too" Jinki replied, pecking his lips.

"Jonghyun's here!" Taemin exclaimed, rushing out of the car to help carry food.

"I take it they was hungry" Kibum scoffed before getting out of the car himself.

They went inside and acted as if nothing had happened. They all seemed to silently agree they'd only tell if they were asked. Of course they were asked and they had to retell the story. Jonghyun had the same reaction as Minho, but thankfully this talk didn't end with Jinki in tears. Instead it ended with Kibum in Jinki's arms feeling the safest he's ever felt.

AN: I am back! Honestly really excited to get going on this again, got some great new ideas. Especially since I haven't said a word about Minho and Jonghyun's past or parents.