You Can't, You Can't, Don't Leave Like This

The rain made it seem like everyone was sad that day, and maybe they were. And somehow, he knew it'd rain on this day, whenever it came it would definitely rain. He used to say that all the time, because everyone would be sad when this day came. But of course, he'd also say then, because of everyone's sadness, the two would come back from the dead.

He could only wish that this was a dream, a bad dream that they'd awake him from with comforting words as he explained the horrible dream. He wouldn't let anyone else take the photos as he walked the procession, a framed photo of his dad in his right hand and his mother in his left.

A car crash, of all the things to take the two most important people in his life, it was a simple car crash. His mother died first, she had died on impact, and his father must have known as soon as he saw her motionless she was gone. He could've fought to live, but Jonghyun knew his father wouldn't want to live without that wonderful woman. Jonghyun almost didn't want to either, wishing he was in the car as well.

He was the one who put the photos by the two coffins, he lit the incense, he put the sheet over them. He felt this was his job and his only, that no one else were close enough and that they would want no one else to do this for them. Everyone had left the room, giving Jonghyun the alone time they knew he needed, his relatives most likely would come back the next day instead.

"It hasn't been long, but I already miss you" Jonghyun began as he kneeled in front of the photos, "Is that greedy of me? You told me not to be greedy, but... How can I not be right now"

He felt tears already coming and he quickly wiped them with a sniffle.

"Remember the last time we were all together, we had dinner together and you two joked about who I'd marry" Jonghyun let out a weak laugh, "You told me it had to be someone with money and then laughed before telling me that neither of you really cared who it was, as long as we were both happy"

Tears had fallen and Jonghyun used his sleeve to wipe them, rubbing his eyes a little.

"Remember what I said as a child? That the world would be so sad that you'd both come back?" A sob wracked his body, "Why aren't you coming back?" He asked, wanting to yell it, "You should'nt even be gone yet, th-this could've have been all the time you get"

He covered his eyes with his hands as he sobbed.

"Please come back" He sobbed, "Please... co-ome back" His voice seemed to disappear the quieter he got, "Ple-ease"

He stayed the full three days, refusing to leave whenever family invited him for dinner. None of his family had ever regularly visited, only coming when they needed something, they were nothing to him. The only real family he had, had been ripped away from him.

Within that week, Jonghyun's life changed. He was on his own, working harder than he ever had in his life, just to keep the small house he had. One job was at small local coffee shop, it was probably his favorite job he had. He worked late and not many people would show up. Although, there is one night he will never forget.

It was late and a light rain had begun, and it was soon to be a thunderstorm from what Jonghyun could tell.The bell of the door rang and he sprung his head up to welcome the customer.

"Hello, welcome" Jonghyun greeted and the boy lightly bowed at him.

Jonghyun went back to cleaning and heard the boy mumble to himself.

"Finally, somewhere warm" He sounded lost, as if he had nowhere to go.

It made Jonghyun curious, so he took another look at the boy. He was hugging the jacket he had finally taken off, staring out the window, and that's when Jonghyun noticed he was missing his shoes.