Academy?! Going Five Ranks Down

A/N: This is a godlike Naruto fanfiction where he is an undercover ANBU. However, he won't be flaunting his skills. If you like a fanfiction where Naruto constantly shows off his skills, this is probably not for you.
Me: *pokes Itachi and gets ignored* Itachi-kun is mean =.=
Itachi: ...
Me: *pokes Sasuke sharply*
Sasuke: WHAT?
Me: I have tomatoes
Sasuke: okay fine... SilverKatana does not own Naruto, and never will.
AU, godlike Naruto, OOC characters

"Ah, Squad One. You are back already, faster than expected," the aged Hokage smiled. He lit his pipe and huffed out a breath. "Report?"

A fox-masked ANBU stepped forward. He was dressed in black ANBU gear, with a white porcelain mask depicting a fox. He had a katana strapped to his back - its blade was ebony black, instilling fear in the hearts of his enemies as the katana sliced through the air with silent grace and lethal force. Its hilt was black with tiny white diamond patterns and a small golden fox symbol. At his hip was a silver chokuto, and he also carried the standard ANBU tanto. Hidden were two wakizashi as a trump card in case something happened to his chakra and other weapons. "Hokage-sama. We eliminated the targets," he stated calmly. "Neko has the scroll."

A cat-masked ANBU stepped forward with a polite bow. She was dressed in the normal black and grey ANBU gear, the only two things noticeable about her being her standard katana strapped to her back instead of a tanto, and her long, cascading purple hair. "Here it is, sir," she said respectfully, laying down a slightly old, yellowed scroll.

Hiruzen Sarutobi smiled. "Good job. Stand at ease."

Immediately, all the four ANBU relaxed. There were two others apart from Kitsune and Neko.

"Inu."

The ANBU with gravity-defying silver hair and a tanto strapped to his back stiffened up considerably and stepped up guardedly. Hiruzen offered a small smile. "Relax, Inu. Step up here." He tapped his wooden desk and Inu walked up in front of the Hokage. "Hebi, come here too."

The snake-masked ANBU twitched, betraying her surprise. She also had purple hair, but it was tied up in a spiky ponytail. She carried no weapons, but if one looked closer, he or she could have seen the evil glints of multiple sharp senbon hidden in the ANBU's kunai pouch. She obliged, stepping beside Inu.

"Remove your masks."

There was a sharp withdrawal of breath at Hiruzen's order. Hebi followed his command happily, swiping the mask off her face and letting it clatter on the Hokage's table. Without her mask, she was off-duty so she did not have to act like the ideal ANBU anymore. Not that she acted like one in the first place, but well... You get the point.

"Whew! My beautiful face is finally outta that stuffy mask!" she exclaimed cheerily. Neko allowed herself to offer a low chuckle at her friend's antics.

"The masks aren't stuffy if you lace them with chakra, Anko," Hiruzen supplied helpfully.

Anko looked wounded. "Only now then you tell me?" she complained.

"Yes."

Anko grumbled some more, then looked at Inu who still had his mask on. "Mask off, Kakashi," she sang.

The ANBU visibly jerked as he heard his real name. "I - oh, sorry," he mumbled and removed his mask, revealing a young face covered by a black face mask.

"Daydreaming again?" Anko teased him.

"Actually, no," Kakashi shot back, ignoring Anko's dramatic cries of 'for once!'

Hiruzen rolled his eyes, ignoring their bickering. "Kakashi, you are free to leave."

Kakashi flinched. "Hokage-sama, I..." he trailed off. For once, the great Copy Ninja was rendered helpless. Why do I have to be a Jounin instructor? He ranted. Associating me with kids around... He refused to finish the thought, but he thought of it anyway, ... Around Rin and Obito's ages? What if they remind me of the two? He fought to keep himself from touching the Sharingan eye gifted to him by Obito.