A God's Wrath

"Kakashi, rest, okay?" Naruto murmured, leading Kakashi away. It had all happened so fast. Obito had declared Kisame a traitor to the Akatsuki and had managed to stab him, killing the shark-like ninja instantly.

"Naruto," Kakashi rasped.

"Rest. I'll take care of Obito." Naruto glared up, his chakra flaring and his killing intent spiking as he saw where Obito was looking.

"You will not touch Nagato or Konan while I live!" Naruto hissed, two clones appearing on either side of him.

Obito barely looked threatened. "Then I'll kill you."

Naruto let out a laugh. This time, surprise flickered in Obito's eyes.

"Kill me? Don't you dare underestimate me... Uchiha Obito!" Naruto's clones flew at Obito, each holding onto a silver katana. "After all, wasn't I the one who defeated you in the forest?"

Obito scoffed. "I was merely testing your abilities." He put his hands together in the Tiger seal and formed a huge flame in the shape of a dragon that destroyed both clones almost instantly. "Shadow Clone? Don't make me laugh."

"Behind you." The voice was a deadly whisper.

Obito's eyes widened as ice-cold steel pressed against his neck. "I admit, you're good..."

Obito disappeared.

"But not good enough to beat me."

Naruto glanced at Obito. At the same time, Madara caught his eye.

Kaa-chan...

Kushina lay on the ground, panting. Minato was still battling against Madara valiantly, only black and yellow blurs being visible.

All of a sudden, there was a shriek.

I let my attention slip.

"Should I kill you?" Obito mocked.

There were screams of alarm from the allied shinobi.

Naruto let out a strangled noise in his throat. Obito held Hinata by her hair as tears pooled in the Hyuuga heiress' eyes.

"Let. Her. Go!" Naruto screamed, disappearing in a golden flash just as Obito raised his hand.

Naruto's fox mask broke, raging blue eyes meeting haughty red. "N - Naruto-kun!" Hinata screamed.

"Ino, Temari, take care of her," Naruto said, bringing Hinata to them before disappearing in another flash to face Obito.

"That was beyond low of you," Naruto hissed.

"This is the battlefield. There is no fair," Obito smirked.

Naruto's eyes swirled into the Eternal Mangekyo, similar to Madara's but the purple-grey of the Rinnegan.

"What?" Obito stammered. How -

Naruto only grinned. "There is no fair in the battlefield, Obito-kun. Isn't that what you told me?" he said mockingly, satisfied when Obito reacted and gritted his teeth. "Almighty Push!"

Obito slammed into a rock. "Dammit," he cursed. "That power should be mine!"

"Paper God's Wrath!"

"Lightning Release: Lightning Spear!"

Obito let out a yelp of fear and fury combined together as he saw the paper and lightning rushing towards him. To his relief, he was able to use Kamui so that it could pass through him -

"Rasengan!"

Obito spat out blood as Naruto slammed straight into him with a Rasengan. Shit! Kakashi's ex-teammate felt a sense of deja vu, remembering the night of the Kyuubi attack when the boy's father had done the exact same thing.

He got to his feet, wiping away the trail of blood from his mouth. "You underestimate my power, Namikaze," he rasped. "Don't think your powers alone can beat me?"

"What about the powers of three of us?" Naruto asked calmly as Konan and Pein's Deva path flanked him.

Obito's eyes flicked to the side. I need time to recover... "Kamui!"

"That coward!" Naruto growled.

"Naruto..." Konan said uneasily.

Edo Tensei. Naruto's insides went cold.

Madara had used Edo Tensei. He saw his father abandoning Madara to Sasuke and Itachi to help out. The brothers seemed to realise that they had to get rid of Madara before sorting out any problems they had with each other.

Naruto swallowed. Shinobi were dying left and right. He hated it.

He closed his eyes. It's war. It can't be helped.

He bit his lip. He couldn't even get rid of Obito. He would use a big S-ranked jutsu that the Uchiha wouldn't be able to defend against, but there were too many people here.

A piercing scream split the air.

Temari?!

The medics were already attending to her, but it didn't change the fact that Obito was the one who drew blood from her.

Naruto's chakra spiked, his golden cloak's colour seeming to intensify as he glared daggers at Obito.

It's time for your demise, Uchiha Obito. You harmed Temari, Hinata and Kakashi... I WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU!

His Mangekyo Sharingan spun slowly. Two can play this game, Obito. "Kamui!"

"Namikaze... You're knocking on death's door, combating me one-on-one like this," Obito warned with a smirk.

"Am I? A little full of confidence for someone facing a man stronger than Uchiha Madara, don't you think?" Naruto asked.

"Then why didn't you already kill me?" Obito retaliated.

"Because I needed to bring you to a secluded area first," Naruto stated with a smirk. He flew through hand seals faster than Obito could follow, Sharingan or not. "Forbidden Art: Eternal Paralysis!"

Obito forced himself to draw a shaky breath despite the numbing of his limbs as Naruto released an enormous wave of chakra that would probably shake mountains if they hadn't been using Kamui.

"I can't move." Obito glared up at Naruto.

"I know." Naruto chuckled mirthlessly. "It's your end now, Obito. Say goodbye to the world, say goodbye to your foolish ideas of world domination..."

Naruto closed his eyes, if only for a split second.

I don't want to kill. It's a horrible thing to do, but I have to stain my hands with his blood for the greater good... To save the entire world.

His eyes fluttered open and his hand began crackling with a mixture of wind, lightning and fire chakra - a deadly Jutsu that, in theory, should not make sense because of the opposing elements.

I hope you never forgive me in the afterlife.

Goodbye, Obito.

He plunged his hand into Obito's heart.