Akatsuki

"What?" 

Naruto smirked, his eyes the exact same as the man he was facing off against. "Surprised?"

"Very," Itachi responded calmly.

Naruto shrugged. "So, what are both of you here for?"

Itachi would have face-palmed if he weren't a stoic Uchiha. "We're here to capture you. Do you..." He paused. "Not recognize our cloak?"

"Eh, doesn't ring a bell," Naruto yawned.

Itachi regarded the young ninja cautiously. He doesn't have any memories? Well, this just got interesting... "Naruto, how about you come with us for a while?" he said.

"Nah, I gotta go to Wave," Naruto said. "But see you around, whoever you are."

Itachi sighed. "Itachi. Uchiha Itachi."

"Okay, bye, Itachi-san and weird shark guy."

"It's Hoshigaki Kisame, brat," Kisame grunted. "Itachi, are we really letting him get away so easily?"

Itachi looked at the confused blonde with his red eyes. "Naruto, after you're done with your business in Wave, will you give us a chance to bring you to our organization's leader?"

"Nothing but a small chat," Kisame added with a toothy grin.

Naruto raised his eyebrow. "Yeah, sure, whatever. I'll go with you once I've sorted out stuff. This is all really confusing," he grumbled.

Kisame smirked. "Alright, we'll wait at the forests by Konoha in a month. Deal?"

"Sure," Naruto said. "See you around." He left and Kisame turned to Itachi with surprise.

Itachi shrugged. "I guess a Jinchuriki without memory is easy to manipulate."

"Ah, I'm finally at Wave!" Naruto said, the encounter already slipping to the back of his mind. "Now let's see... Where did the pink-haired girl said I was buried? Umm... Next to this missing-nin guy - what was his name?"

Zabuza, Kurama supplied helpfully.

"- Zabuza! Where the hell is his grave?" Naruto muttered.

Great. Just great.

He wandered around Wave, finding that it was nothing more than a small civilian village. He quite liked it though. He walked around until he came to a large, long bridge. "The Great Naruto Bridge," he read. "Wait, what? My name?" He wrinkled his nose. "Maybe something happened. I don't know. I don't have my memories."

Kit! Your body, it's here somewhere! Kurama called.

Naruto set to work immediately, creating Shadow Clones. After a while of searching, one of his clones dispelled and his head jerked up. A sword? 

He walked to where the sword was.

It's Zabuza's sword. That's his grave, Kurama informed.

Naruto's eyes lit up. "Summoning!" He called and a small red fox appeared. "Hey Aka, could you sniff around and see if you can scent, well, me, below a layer of soil?"

Aka jumped into action. Moments later, she waved her tail towards a place not far from Zabuza's grave. "There," she said. "I'm not going to judge you or anything, but... What are you doing?"

"I'm going to, um, retrieve my old body from the grave," Naruto said with a sheepish grin.

Aka shook her head. "Call some of the foxes to help you dig," she advised him before disappearing with a soft poof.