Twenty-two \\ "for once, i want to give up"

*Calum*

It was hot. Sometimes Calum hates Australia. Everyone is so sweaty and it's disgusting.

It's not disgusting when Calum sweats, because he's awesome.

Just kidding, it's disturbing when Calum sweats.

He's pretty sure Michael will tell you that. Along with that fact that he's "not awesome".

Probably just jealous of his soccer skills.

Though, Michael is pretty good at FIFA...

*

*

*

"It's so fucking hot," Jordan complained, fanning herself with her hands. She briefly rested her head on her friend's shoulder before deciding it was too hot for that.

"It's Australia: you either burn to death or drown in sweat," Ashton responds. He had been hanging out with them more often. [a/n: even though I'm used to the heat, there are some days where it feels like I'm in an oven]

"Water," is all Calum says as he rushed off the soccer field. "Jordan, water."

Jordan weakly throws his bottle at him and he catches it, downing it all quickly.

He quickly runs off the the coach.

"Coach, I can't play. I drank too much water," he complains.

"Tough."

"Everyone's gonna die," Calum argues.

"It's Australia, everyone's used to it."

"I've lived in Aus my whole life, and never once have I felt like giving up because of heat. Just this once, I want to go home to a cold house and have a cold shower and maybe talk to my boyfriend and see him for the first time in about two days. For once, I want to give up."

The coach considers this before blowing his whistle, calling the rest of the team over.

"You can thank Calum, you're all free," he says, causing the team to cheer.

"Thanks, Cal," Chloe said, patting his back. She recoiled it when she felt the sweat.

Calum smiles and gives her the thumbs-up, throat too hoarse to speak.

"Have a shower and all that, we should visit Mike," she says and Calum nods, heading off to the showers.

*

*

*

*Michael*

Chloe, Jordan, Ashton and Calum were sitting in Michael's living room. It was cold.

"You guys are just using me for my air con," Michael complains, throwing his head back.

"Shut up, we earned it, especially Cal and I," Chloe states.

Michael rolls his eyes at his best friend. "I'm gonna invite Luke and Andrea over." [a/n: haven't heard much of her lately, oops]

"Hey, where has Andrea been, anyway?" Jordan asks Chloe, curious.

"She was selected to go to America to compete in this NASA engineering competition thing," Chloe explains, waving her hand. "Fucking genius." [a/n: 3 students in my school did this omg]