Chapter 26

1 YEAR LATER
**
Niall flicked through the channels waiting for Zayn to return from the football game he and Louis went to. Louis and Harry still hadn't spoken to Niall, because he cheated, and even though Zayn forgave him, they say they never could. Niall was lonely.

Even after a year, Niall still didn't want to have sex with Zayn. Making out was as far as it went for them. Niall felt bad because it wasn't even because of what Liam and he did, like Zayn assumed, it was because Niall still wanted Liam, and only Liam, and he knew that deep down.

There was nothing much on the tv, so he settled on some lame old comedy show and lay down on the sofa. He was almost asleep when the door open, laughs erupting as more than one person stumbled through the door.

"Niall?!" Zayn called and the blonde sat up and rubbed his eyes in response, stretching slightly.

Behind Zayn crept in Harry and Louis, Louis strangely silent and looking at the floor, but Harry was smiling. "Harry and Louis wanted to see you." Zayn said grinning at Niall.

"Speak for yourself." Louis muttered not looking up from his shoes, in which he appeared to be deeply interested in. Niall felt his heart sink.

"Well I wanted to see you, bud." Harry said, "You wanna chat in the kitchen, since that's your natural habitat." He joked, and Niall glared playfully before getting up.

Harry closed the door to the kitchen behind them, and Niall sat on the table on the centre of the room, "Sorry it's been so long, mate." Harry said, pushing himself up onto the table beside the Irish lad, "I just wasn't sure how to approach you."

"It's okay, at least you have now." Niall answered, playing with his fingers anxiously.

"So how's it been, living with Zayn and all." Harry said, nudging Niall to try and make him smile. Niall let a stiff smile crawl on his features for a moment,

"It's not as great as you think Haz." Niall replied, turning to look at his friend. Only now had he noticed how long Harry's hair was. He probably hadn't had it cut since he last saw him. His green eyes and always visible dimples were the same as ever, but he looked as though he'd physically aged a lot since they last spoke. He was taller to, as though he'd had a growth spurt or something.

"What do you mean Ni?" Harry asked, face furrowing into confusion.

"We've barely even kissed, and I don't miss it at all Harry. I don't think I love him anymore."

"You still have feelings for that guy? Luke was it?"

Niall blushed and chuckled somewhat, "Liam."

"That's the one. You have feelings for him?" Harry pushed, gently, he didn't want to alarm the lad. Niall shrugged in response. "I'll take that as a yes." The blue eyed boy sighed and nodded defeatedly. "Why are you still with Z then?"

Niall thought for a moment. Harry had been his friend since forever, but he's Zayn's friend too, "Zayn's been- weird." Harry said nothing, waiting for Niall to continue. "He, I told him maybe it wasn't the right time to move in with him, and he, he went all physco and bit my neck. Not like a love bite or anything. It was awful. He keeps getting mad when I tell him I'm not ready to sleep with him again. He thinks something happened between me and Liam that I'm not saying. But there isn't I swear on it Harry! I'm scared if I tell him I don't love him, he'll hurt me really bad!"