Chapter 19

When Niall did fall asleep that Night, he was soon awake with a start after seeing Zayn's attacking eyes and feeling Zayn hurt him, punch him hit him. Niall had no idea where these images were coming from, maybe recalling the night at the bar was given him post-traumatic stress disorder or something. So most of the night, Niall laid awake, and the majority of his thoughts were of Liam. Was he crying? Was he asleep or awake? Was he laying down, sitting, or pacing his cell? How big was his cell, what colour were the walls? What did he do when he was in there? Did he think of Niall?
Different ideas and pictures were created of Liam in Niall's mind throughout the night, and all Niall wanted was to be able to lay beside him and breathe in his scent and smile as the brunette's arm wrapped around his waist. But that wouldn't happen, and he didn't even have Zayn now.

Niall was wrong about the latter thought.

The next morning Niall dawdled down to the kitchen half asleep and switched the kettle on to boil, and took a mug from the cupboard when there was a knock at the door. Niall's eye brows furrowed, though no one was there to see his confusion, as he wondered towards the door. It was indeed early, the sun had only just risen enough in the sky for anyone to see, and the moon was still up, but faint in the morning sunrise. It was barely 6 O'clock at the moment.
Niall opened the door, but he knew who it was anyway. He wasn't in the slightest, surprised to see Zayn standing there, but considerably confused at what the raven-haired boy was doing here. And even more so when he caught sight of the bunch or red roses held in Zayn's hands.

"I- Zayn, why are you-"
Zayn cut him off by outstretching his hand containing the flowers towards Niall, "They're for you."
Gingerly, Niall took them from Zayn's palm and into his own, slowly and unsure, "But why Zayn? I betrayed you, I-"
"It's fine, Niall, I forgive you." Zayn quickly chimed in with a smile. Niall was pretty sure it looked genuine.
"But I didn't even apologise, I don't even-" Niall was glad when Zayn interrupted for the third time, for he was going to say, he didn't even feel sorry, and that was not a good thing to say,
"I know, Ni, but I want to. I love you. You should know that Ni. And you love me too, right?"
Niall looked at Zayn and down at the fresh bright roses then back at Zayn. How could he say no? What kind of a boy would he be if he broke his heart?!

"Course!" Niall forced a smile and stood aside to let his boyfriend in, his smile falling as Zayn looked away. Niall wondered into the kitchen, but didn't check to see if Zayn was following. He delicately took the roses from the wrapper, placing them in the half empty vase on the window sill, took out the ones that were dying, and chucked them in the bin by the back door (which was in the kitchen).
Niall turned and saw Zayn sitting at the table, "do you ever come here with a warning first?" Niall asked, as he got a tea bag from the box in the cupboard and dropped it in his cup, before pouring the now boiled water into the cup, "Do you want tea or something?" Niall added.
"I'll have coffee please." Zayn replied, ignoring the former question.
Niall busied himself with getting out a cup and preparing Zayn's coffee before removing the tea bag from his cup and chucking in the bin, then adding milk and sugar.
He handed Zayn his coffee, strong, as he liked it, and set his own tea down on the table, sitting opposite Zayn.
"Why are you here Zayn?" Niall asked with a sigh as he brought his mug of tea up to his lips, he grimaced as the hot liquid burnt them and set the cup back down, "I'm pretty sure it wasn't just to give me flowers."
Zayn sighed and took a large gulp of his coffee; he never minded the heat, "I wanted to see you. Make sure we're okay, after, y'know, the court case and things. Are we okay?"
Niall shrugged.
"Did you... Like him, more than me?" Zayn asked, sounding hurt, and sounding venomous as he said 'him', as though Liam was a disease or something.
Niall shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "I don't want to talk about this Zayn. He's gone now. We can forget about him. It's just you and me again. Just you Z. Can we forget Liam, please?" Niall hated to lie, especially to Zayn. But he couldn't lose him. Zayn was still his friend too; had been for years, he couldn't lose him. Couldn't risk it.
Zayn sighed and drank more coffee, "Alright Ni. Just for you." Zayn reached across the table and gently took a hold of Niall's hand, and Niall let him. They both smiled at each other as Zayn caressed Niall's hand lovingly.
"Thank you Z."

They were interrupted by someone plodding down the stairs. Niall recognised the steps as his brother's. Greg wondered into the kitchen, and gave Niall a look as he saw Zayn, and their held hands.

"Hello Zayn." Greg greeted and Zayn muttered a hi as Greg prepared his own cup of tea, "Is the water still hot Ni?"
"Uh, yeah should be."
"Anyway, " Zayn said, finishing his coffee and gently dropping Niall's hand form his, "I better go. See you tomorrow Ni."
" Bye Z." Niall answered smiling at Zayn, who then walked towards Niall, and kissed his cheek, smiling at Niall before leaving. The two brothers heard the door slam, before Greg put Zayn's empty coffee cup (stained coffee cup hehe) into the sink, before sitting in Zayn's place with his tea in his hand.
"I thought you were gonna break up with Zayn." Greg said.
"Me too Greg, but then every time I try I just think of how hurt he would be, or how angry he would be at Liam, and I just can't hurt him Greggy." Niall whined, using the familiar childhood nickname he had for his brother.
"What if he finds out you don't love him? How will he be then?"
"He won't find out. Besides, Liam's in jail, I probably won't see him again. He's probably forgotten about me anyway." Niall answered, grumbling sadly at the end.
"Niall, how can he forget about you when you're the reason he's in there in first place." Greg said then took a sip of his tea, "Come on bro, if you like Liam, you've gotta go for it, and forget Zayn."
"How can I 'go for it' when he's in jail?"
"Why don't you visit him?" Greg suggested, then stood up from the table with his tea, "Think about it bro." And with that he walked out.
Was the victim allowed to see the one who committed the crime? Niall bit his lip and stared down at his now cold tea. What if he did see Liam? Maybe that would make him better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was updated quite quick. Hope it's okay.
This has over 100 comments now so yay!!!! And also nearly 1k votes!! It's insane.

Hopefully an updated in the next couple of days!!! Love you all
Byeeeeeeeeee :D