What happens when you move (Chapter 7)

Chapter 7: B Day

            It was Thursday and classes were going by fast today. That’s good because that means Friday will come even faster which means that the sleepover will be soon. I’m excited about getting away for the weekend. Who would have ever thought the second weekend in Darrington I’d already have a best friend and we’d be having a sleepover. I thought it was going to take time but I’m happy it didn’t.

            The bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. I got my stuff and headed towards the cafeteria. I went to my usual table and found Emily already sitting there waiting for me.

            “He Court. Can I ask you a huge favor?” she looked like she needed one so I nodded my head yes and let her continue. “I know were having a sleepover tomorrow night to Sunday but can you baby-sit Lauren for a couple hours so Chace and I can go on a date?”

            “Yea of course. I’d love to baby-sit my little niece.” I smiled at her and gave her a hug while she thanked me.

            “You can invite Zack over too. My parents will be gone this weekend on some business trip so Chace and Zack will probably end up spending the night. Oh if that’s ok with you?” She asked.

            “Yea that’s fine as long as we still have a little girl time.” I smiled and laughed.

            “Of course. Oh thank you so much.” She said and then turned to talk to another one of her friends at the table.

            I looked around the cafeteria just taking in my surroundings when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Zack looking at me.

            “Hey!” I greeted him.

            “Hey you want to come meet some of my friends?” he asked. Looking back at his table.

            “Yeah sure.” I grabbed my stuff and told Emily I’d see her at the end of the day. Zack grabbed my hand and lead me towards the table.

            “Ok so this is everyone. There’s Dan and his girlfriend Zoey, and then there’s Alex, Mike, Justin and his girlfriend Abby. And then the twins Dylan and Luke.” He pointed everyone out and as he said there names they would wave to me. I sat down next to Zack and Abby was on my other side. She had long dark brown hair and brown eyes. She was petite. She looked so short next to me.

            “Hi.” She turned to talk to me.

            “Hi.” I said kind of shy. I grabbed Zack’s hand under the table and squeezed it.

            “So you’re actually dating Zack huh? I never thought he’d actually have a girlfriend.” She said to me. I was shocked.

            “Yeah to be honest I really didn’t like him at first. He was rude to me and being a huge jerk. But then we actually talked and he was nice.” I smiled and looking over at Zack and then back to Abby. It was easy to talk to her. I could tell that we were going to be good friends.

            “Zack? Nice? Impossible.” She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

            “Hey I can be nice Abby. Just not to you.” Zack butted into our conversation.

            “Zack your never nice. Never.” She said to him.

            “Hey I thought the same thing but it’s true. He’s got a soft side.” I said.