What happens when you move (Chapter 1)

Chapter 1: Moving Day

            I went back to the front of my now old house to get yet another bag of clothes. Normally when people move they pack up in boxes, well, not me. Actually I didn’t pack at all. You see my mom and step dad, well now ex step dad broke up. He didn’t see it coming and got mad and packed up all our stuff into bags and some boxes.

            So now we have police “keeping the peace” watching us pack up the car. This has got to be the worst day of my life. I just moved here, Taylorsville Illinois, four years ago and now I’m moving again. I hate starting new schools. I hate having to meet new people. But part of this was my choice. So no matter how much I might hate this, I have to do it.

            As I said goodbye to Steve I could feel tears forming in my eyes. “I’m going to miss you Steve.” He has been in my life for thirteen years and now all of a sudden he’s gone.

            “I’ll miss you too sweetheart. Keep in touch ok? You are and always will be apart of my family.” His blue eyes looked depressed. He never saw this day coming and now it’s right in front of his face.

            I took one last look at my old home. Someplace I thought I would never say goodbye to, a place full of all the memories of my old life. Now I have to move on as if I never lived here. I hope my new school will bring me at least half the happiness that Taylorsville has brought me.