What happens when you move (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6: School

            Last night Vincent texted me a couple times but I ignored him. How am I suppose to tell him that an hour after I told him that I didn’t want to be in a relationship I got asked out by somebody else and said yes? It’s not like I intentionally said no to him because I was waiting for Zack. That is most definitely not the case. I never thought Zack and I would ever be dating but we are and you know what. I’m happy about that. I really like him and nothing will change that.

            After school today I plan on telling Vincent I just don’t know how. If I call him I’ll have to hear his broken heart talking which means he’ll probably be yelling at me. But if I text him he’ll probably think that I’m a jerk telling him through a text message. Oh this is just not working for me.

            I heard my doorbell ring telling me Em was here to pick me up for school. Three more days and then it’s the weekend. I really need Friday to come sooner. Today’s probably just going to be horrible. I can feel it in my gut.

            I walked downstairs turned the alarm on and then walked out the garage door. As I was getting into Emily’s car I hit my head. I knew today was going to be a bad day. I just knew it.

            “What’s wrong Court? You seem… distant.” She asked. We’ve only known each other for three days now but we both could already tell when there was something wrong. That’s what I loved about her.

            “I just know today’s going to be a bad day. I can feel it. And me hitting my head on your car just confirmed that.” I groaned and I rubbed were I hit my head. It was tender and hurt really bad.

            “Courtney don’t worry. Today’s going to be fine and if it’s not you have Chace and me oh and your new boyfriend,” she smiled at me, “to back you up.”

            “I know. I just want it to be the weekend. I can’t wait to just relax at your house all weekend. Were still doing that sleepover right?” I asked. We planned it yesterday so obviously she couldn’t have forgotten about it.

            “Yeah, of course. Just for warning you now though Lauren gets up at the crack of dawn.” She giggled to herself as we pulled into the schools parking lot. She found a spot, which was conveniently right next to Chace’s car. I got out and walked over to Zack who was leaning against the car.

            “Hey babe,” he said, “why do you look so… sick? Your not gonna throw up on me cause if you plan on it I’m gonna just walk away now.”

            “No I’m not sick I just have a bad feeling about today. I don’t know why but my guts just telling me it’s not going to be a good day.” I told him what I had already told Emily in the car.

            “Oh don’t worry about it. You’ll have your knight in shining armor right by your side all day.” He quickly leaned down pecked me on the lips and then grabbed my hand pulling me towards the front enterance. Chace and Emily were walking behind us.

            “Awe don’t they just look so cute together?” Chace faked a girly voice, which had me cracking up.

            “Shut up bro.” Zack responded without even looking back he flicked his brother off and walked away with me in tow.

            “Hey don’t treat your brother like that. He’s the one that gives you a ride to school every morning you might want to keep that in mind.” I told him. We don’t need him walking to school now do we? I laughed at myself and rolled my eyes.