What happens when you move (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5: Zack

            Lauren ran in front of us into the house because Emily had told her too.

            “Ok I’m mad because I wanted to talk to him but that’s just me being silly. But I also really want to know what’s going on. I hope you can trust me soon because I want to be able to help you out.” She looked like she was hurt.

            “Oh Em it’s not that I don’t trust you I do. I really do but it’s really hard to talk about. I never told anybody what’s really happened. I’m sorry for making you think that I don’t trust you because I do. Please trust me on that.” I had tears starting to roll down my face. I really did want to tell her but… I don’t know it’s hard.

            She gave me a hug and then we walked into the house after Lauren. About a half-hour later Chace walked in like he owned the house. We were watching the little Mermaid with Lauren and she was really into the movie.

            “Where are my girls?” I heard Chace ask from the door.

            “Babe we’re in the living room watching a movie.” Emily yelled back. I just sat there giggling. They’re silly sometimes.

            Chace walked in the room and sat down on the couch next to Emily. And then a minute later Zack walked in and sat down next to me.

            “Go away.” I growled at him.

            “Wow Zack what did you do to her?” Chace asked his brother.

            “Your brother is an ass and if he doesn’t move I’m going to punch him.” I answered Chace’s question for Zack.

            “Woah calm down Court what did he do to you to make you want to punch him?” Chace was caught off guard by what I had said.

            “Zack care to explain to your very polite brother about your rude jackass behavior in seminar today?” I really want to know what he has to say about today.

            “Not really. Why are you being a bitch?” Zack said and that was it for me. Nobody calls me a beeotch without suffering the consequences.

            “Woah hold on,” Emily said, “Child in the room let me get her to go play in the playroom and then you can carry on. Lauren, sweetie, go play in the playroom we need to have some grownup talk.”

            Lauren left without a question and that’s when I got up and turned to Zack.

            “Don’t call me a bitch! You’re the one that started this. Now leave me the frick alone got it?” I yelled in his face. He had gotten up to stand in front of me while I was yelling.    

            “Woah can we calm down for second and Zack can you please explain what happened?” Chace tried butting in but it wasn’t working.

            “Why don’t you tell your brother what a fake you are? Why don’t you tell him how the real you acts? That you’re not nice at all that you’re really rude and mean.” I yelled in his face.

            “Zack what is she talking about?” Chace asked.

            “Oh you don’t know your real brother? He sleeps with every girl out there and doesn’t care. He’s a huge player. He’s rude and superficial.” I told Chace. I was tired of this my second day in a new town and I’m already probably ruining Zack’s life. I know I shouldn’t care but this isn’t me. I never intentionally do this to somebody. What’s happening to me?