Chapter 2:

April 2016

For some really odd reason, it was weird for me to spend time with Ella and the guys of 5SOS because they were famous.

Like, I'm hanging out with celebrities.

It doesn't faze them that if they step outside at the wrong time they'll get mobbed and get screamed at by girls, and the occasional guys. But today was one of those weeks in which we call catch-up weeks, because after not seeing each other in person for long months, it does something to a person.

Our catch-up week was being hosted in Queensland, Australia. It was my first visit to Australia. Michael teased me for being overly excited a couple of times. But when you're not touring the world with a record deal you get to appreciate how much life differs per person.

Like when we first met a year ago, Ella and I shared a hotel room and the boys had their huge one that's actually two rooms combined in one.

Right now, in Queensland, the six of us were hanging out in the boys' gigantic room and had the TV turned onto a random channel and everyone hogged a couch or chair.

"I want to go out," Ashton suddenly says from behind his phone screen.

"Where?" Calum asks.

"To this nightclub not far from here," He responds back, standing up and looking at his other friends for their opinion.

"I'm down," Michael says and Luke nods.

"That actually sounds fun," Ella comments, looking at her partner in crime: Me.

"Nah," I shake my head as politely as possible. "I'd rather stay in."

"C'mon," Ella whines at me. "Please?"

"I'm done; thanks for the invite," I decline, hoping I wasn't coming off as rude. "I just want to order pizza and have a beer here at the hotel, that's my way of turning up."

"Yeah, I don't really want to go," Calum adds beside me.

"You always go clubbing, Calum," Michael whines at him.

"I don't feel like it right now," He responds.

"Okay then. Let's go," Ashton twirls his keys in his fingers.

"Wait! I need to get ready," Ella suddenly pops up from her seat and grabs me by the wrist, pulling me towards the door. "You need to help me get ready!" She tells me before he slams their hotel room door.

I groan loudly as we go down a few doors to our hotel room.

***

"Quit moving so much," I grumble at her. To save the guys some waiting time, she told me to curl her hair while she did her makeup. The small hotel bathroom was barely functional, but we made it work.

"You almost made me poke my eye out with my mascara!" Ella shrieks back and goes back to applying the wand to her eyelashes.

I let a curl fall from the curling iron as it bounced onto her back.

"Why aren't you coming with us?" Ella asks after a few minutes of silence pass.

"I'm not in the mood. I'll make it up to you," I promise her, getting a new strand of hair and wrapping it in the iron.

"Okay," Is all she says, probably not even to me. "I'm done, are you?"

"A few more," I say.

"Can we talk about boys, as if we were teenagers?" She questions me, meeting eye contact in the mirror.