Chapter 6:

Stupid Wattpad deleted my draft AGAIN LUCKY IT WASNT THAT LONG BUT IM STILL MAD!!!
-----------------
Asston Erwan: Wow, that really must've hurt.

Miguel Gordon: Yeah, that really sucks.

Me: It's okay.

Yeah, it's all okay.

* * *

December 2017

4 am made it on the Billboard charts. I screamed very, very loud when I discovered this. I was nominated for rewards, everything a new singer would want. I'm also planning on releasing another single very, very soon.

But everytime something good in my music life happened, something bad in my personal life happened.

Terra got in a car accident on Black Friday and was hospitalized. Again, more hospital bills we could barely afford.

My mom also was getting worse by the month. She was thinning out, her pale skin was even paler, and her blue eyes rarely glowed.

I have to do it, I have to tell my fans.

I get my camera on my tripod and put in in front of my bed. I turn it on, sit and sigh. The red light on the camera glowed, indicating me to talk.

I sigh and ruffle my hair, "Before I start, I just want to apologize for the delay of videos and not telling you guys sooner." I look into the camera lense and back into my lap.

I start going on and on about how in July 2016 I found out my mom had breast cancer and how it hit home. Then I talked about my single and onto present day, how she's getting so horribly.

It's about a ten minutes video by now. I want to cry, my eyes are probably glistening, but I don't care.

"I have decided to start a GoFundMe page for her, the link will be in the description. I also teamed up with the National Breast Cancer Foundation to make shirts for breast cancer awareness, and these exclusive shirts are only on my merchsite, that link will be in the desciption below as well.

"I honestly did not want to do this, because I didn't want to attract attention to myself, but I thought maybe this was a way for me to connect to more of my fans," I admit to the camera, not looking directly into the lense. I get up, turn off the camera and take it to my laptop.

After sitting there and quickly editing it for an hour, I upload it to YouTube. I then send out a Tweet:

MikaylaVOfficial: Uploaded a new YouTube video.

Now we just wait.

-

I waited an hour. I didn't want to even touch social media, but I went back on to Twitter anyway. Right when I opened the app, something caught my eye:

Calum5SOS: Please support my friend Mikayla, her mom has breast cancer and needs help. #PrayForTalia

That was sent not to long ago, which means Calum should still have his phone despite spending time with his family right about now for the holidays.

Me: What are you doing?

Calum Thomas: What do you mean?

Me: On Twitter...?

Calum Thomas: I'm promoting you.