Chapter 9:

As I'm writing this chapter an ad came up for Hot Topic for 5SOS merch I can't. Also I s2g for Language Arts we had to make a comic strip using onomatopoeias (You can look it up on your own time) but i did mine slightly 5SOS themed AND MY TEACHER SHOWED IT TO THE CLASS AND WAS ALL LIKE: "OMG MIKAYLA ITS SO CUTE" AND IM LIKE "NO STOP PLEASE" I DON'T DO WELL BEING PUT ON THE SPOT LIKE THAT AND I STARTED CRYING DON'T JUDGE ME Penguin_Princess96!

---------------

April 2018

It's been exactly three months. I wouldn't say everything's okay, but I will say that I am feeling better.

Of course, my mom's death took a huge chunk of my life away, but after awhile of persuasion, cuddles, and hugs I decided that her memory will be with me forever and someday I will do something to keep her memory alive. I don't know what yet, but I'll think of something.

Also, Terra found out what she wanted to do with her life: a child protective service officer. I don't know why she chose that, but hey, a job is a job.

She's been working really hard by looking into the local California offices; more specifically in Sacramento. It would be a few hour drive from our home in the Central Valley, but it wouldn't matter in the end.

Ella has noticed I've been a little off because I've been realizing Terra's all grown up and getting over my mom, so she called me and invited me to see her in Australia. She was having a brief break there- plus, Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton would be there. I haven't seen any of them since January, so it would be nice. Also, my 21st birthday is the following week, so we'll probably do something for that.

A thirteen hour flight, jet lag, and a early morning cab later took me to the hotel Ella was staying in. Since we were in Sydney, the boys were spending time with their families before they leave their home country to continue their tour.

Dragging my roller suitcase to the elevator and holding my stuffed backpack on my back, I tiredly press the floor number and the elevator doors close. When they open again, I go to Ella's room and knock a few times on the door. Of course, I hear squealing from inside and in a matter of seconds I'm pulled inside the warm room and embraced.

"Mikayla, I need to tell you something!" Ella says giddily, bouncing up and down.

"What is it?" She leads me to the queen-sized bed and pats a spot in the middle, physically asking me to sit. I kick off my Converse and throw myself on the bed.

"I invited you here for two reasons: One, to see you, duh. Two, to tell you something because I couldn't tell you over the phone! I just couldn't!" Ella says with bright eyes.

"Okay, tell me what the something is," I slightly laugh.

"Guess," She puts her hands on my knees and leans forward.

"Um?" I give a confused look, "You met Taylor Swift?"

Ella scoffs, "I wish. I'll just tell you. You're horrible at guessing anyway."

I scoff back, "Just tell me."

"Okay, okay! Luke asked me out."

"Luke Hemmings?"

"Nah," Ella rolls her eyes, "Luke from Jessie. Yes, Luke Hemmings!"

"You and Luke?" I say confusingly, "Luke and you? Luke and Ella, Ella and Luke. Luke Hemmings and Ella Reece. Luke Hemmings and Ella Hemmings. Luke and Ella Hemmings."

"Are you done processing?" She shakes her head at me.

"You have a thing for Luke?"

Now, Ella becomes sheepish.

"Yeah."

"And you didn't tell me!" I push her away from me. "Why?"

"Because I wasn't sure if he felt the same way at first, then we kind of talked about it and he asked me out," Ella shrugs.

"That is not an excuse!" I protest, "I would've liked to know so I could've given you advice."

"This was around the time your mom passed, and I didn't want to give you another thing on your mind."

"So, Luke asked you out around January?"

"Yes."

"How long have you had a crush on him?"

"I actually liked 5 Seconds of Summer before I met them," Ella's eyes hold guilt. "So, 2014?"

"That's another thing you didn't tell me," I point out.

"I know, I know!" She slumps her shoulders and pouts, "Forgive me?"

"There's nothing really to forgive you for," It's my turn to shrug, "But consider yourself forgiven."

"Good! Because now we talking about another tall, Australian dude."

"Chris Hemsworth?" I jokingly say.

"No."

"Liam Hemsworth?"

No."

"Jack Hemmings?"

"No!" Ella practically screams, but pauses, "But honestly, same."

I laugh loudly, "I'm messing with you. I know you're going to ask about Calum and about our non-existing relationship."

"I was actually going to ask if you've seen Hugh Jackman's recent movie, since I know you love him," She smirks, "But that's fine. We can talk about Calum if you want."

--------

hella short oops.