Chapter 13:

Fucking hell Calum you're so hot

OKAY ANYWAY THE NEXT FIVE OR SO CHAPTERS THINGS ARE GONNA GO HECKA FAST.

And I don't know if I mentioned it in this story (I know I mentioned it in The Guitar) but Mikayla has tattoos: A pink carnation on her right forarm, "When words fail, music speaks" on her left bicep, music notes on her hips, and "Play the moments. Pause the memories. Stop the pain. Rewind the happiness." on her ribs.

They are kinda important in this chapter.

Also go back to the end of Chap. 12 because I added more stuff incase you missed it. Refresh lé libraries.

But holy hell I've been waiting to write this chapter the entire story jfs
-----------------

November 2020

*Some Language*

The past year has been hell.

With more ridiculous rumors, month after month, day after day, I was sure they couldn't get more stupid.

Towards April, we just stopped denying. Calum and I just said: "Fuck it, they can say whatever they want."

Although, I felt like Calum wanted to stop denying for other reason than 'We shouldn't care what people think'. I could see it in his eyes, there was something gleaming in his irises.

Before they traveled back to Australia for the holidays and before Ella and I went up North back to the Central Valley, the six of us were in a hotel in Los Angeles for an award show. Since Luke and Ella started dating, they started sharing a room. The rest of us got our own rooms; All connected with a door that leads to one room to the other.

Michael to Ashton, to Calum, to me, to Luke and Ella.

I glanced at the digital clock that sat on my nightstand as I climbed into bed. The red lights gleamed at 10:12.

It felt weird not sharing a room with Ella while we together, but I'll live.

Tomorrow was the awards ceremony, and I needed my beauty sleep. I press my head to my pillow and close my eyes; Not looking at anything except darkness, and not thinking about anything except recurring nightmares, I attempt to sleep.

***

I run, and I just keep running.

The creature's deep growls and haunting snarls drum in my ears; Louder than the first few times.

The tunnel I was sprinting through started becoming narrower and narrower. Then I saw a light towards the destination I was running to. I sigh with relief and push my legs to go further.

"Remember Kayla," A voice cackles. It's owner was my father. "Not all lights at the end of a tunnel are good. Some are your worst nightmare." He laughs wildly again, and the agonizing cackle sounds through my brain again.

The snarling from the creature stopped. Once I finish running through the bright, white light, I'm met with a cement wall. It goes as high as I can see. Instead of the creature noises that were following me, the sound of squeaky and groaning wheels erupted all thoughts of being safe.

I spin around, my back facing and touching the wall. There's another wall now, also charcoal gray, creeping it's way to me- And swiftly at that.

A scream sounds, and I turn my head to the right to make sure I was right- Terra. Her back was also to the wall, and tears stains her cheeks as she sobs.