Chapter 12:

Long, cute chapter here we go.

-

February 2020

"That is the worst idea to have at this time and you know it, Daniella," I groan at my friend, slumping onto her couch. We were in Anaheim; Home of Disneyland.

"I know, I know. That's what I told Luke," Ella sighs, looking into her hands. "But it would be nice to just have fun in public."

"Going to Disneyland for a 'double date'," I hold up my finger-quotations, "Is way too public, especially for us. On top of that, wording it as a double date is not going to happen."

"Then as friends," Ella offers, holding up her hands.

"Except that you and Luke and dating," I practically scream, "And the entire world thinks Calum and I are as well."

She stands in front of me with her arms crossed. "I'm making you go."

"Try me," I snarl, crossing my own arms.

***

"This is the worst idea she has ever had," Calum whispers at me.

I had lost the war, and the four of us (Luke, Ella, Calum and I) were in the line to get our Park Hopper tickets scanned to go into California Adventure.

"Tell me about it," I scoff, still shaking my head at the thought.

"I will bet you five American dollars that they're trying to get us together," He chimes, elbowing me.

"Wow, five American dollars. What a deal," I smile up at him, "But they're probably just trying to get our minds off the media- Since we've been stressing for a month now."

Calum shrugs, moving forward in the line.

"Well," He sighs, finding the pockets in his jeans, "I've looked around and no one has seemed to notice us yet."

"I saw a worker, a young one, and his eyes bulged out of his head," I chuckle as we approached the ticket scanner.

"You have that effect on people," I hear Calum mutter, although I wasn't sure I was suppose to hear it.

After pulling through the small crowd gathered by the entrance, we find Ella and Luke waiting.

"Are you excited as I am?" She squeals at me. "I haven't been here in years!"

I glare at her, because Ella knows damn well the only reason I'm here is because she forced me. Luke laughs at her side.

"Come on grumpy pants, smile! You're in Disneyland," He says.

I shoot him a glare as well. "We're in California Adventure."

Ella grabs the corners of my mouth and forces them into a smile.

"Smile!" She laughs when I attempt to swat her away. I end up giggling and smiling, Calum smiling as well.

"There we go. Now that we're all happy, what ride are we hitting first?" Ella pulls out her phone and brings up a map of California Adventure and wait times.

"Tower of Terror," I smirk, eyeing at Ella.

"I do not like that ride," She challenges, "Plus, the wait time is 45 minutes."