Chapter 7:

FUCK ME WITH THOSE HANDS PLEASE IM TRYING TO UPDATE ASAP BC THE OTHER DAY (Dec. 2) IM WENT TO THE TRIPLE HO SHOW WHERE 5SOS, 1D, Fifth Harmony, Nathan Sykes, and Austin Mahone, Kalin and Myles, and Sage the Gemini PREFORMED!!!

*More details at the end*

*BEFORE YOU READ*
4am: http://youtu.be/TgmHOcPDSso

Try: http://youtu.be/8pu71k-K7mw
---------------

December 2017

A few days before Christmas, I noticed Dad was really tense. I asked him what was wrong, but he just said that it would be sad not having Mom around for our Christmas traditions.

On Christmas Eve, we got to choose one present under the tree to open. On Christmas morning, we all pitch in to make breakfast, then open presents. There's still a childish ring to it that I like.

Anyway, after he commented on Mom, I knew he was lying. I don't know, just his vibe was off.

On December 23, I took my acoustic guitar to surprise my mom for another acoustic session with 4 am and my new song Try, which wasn't going to be released for another two weeks.

"Good morning, Jolie," I say to the nurse sitting at the desk on the fourth floor. "Is she awake?"

"Yeah, go in," She nods at me. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you, too," I dip my head in acknowledgement and head to my Mom's room that she's been staying in for a year and a half.

I knock on the door and open it after a second or two. The pale woman's eyes glance at my face, then my guitar.

"Hi, Mom," I greet her, pulling up a chair to her bed.

"Hi, Mikayla," She smiles weakly, "Are you going to sing for me today?"

"Yeah, just a little bit of 4am, then my new song I'm going to release soon," I explain, taking the guitar out of the soft case. Knowing it was already in tune, I just push the strings down on the fretboard to form my first chord.

I used to not like singing in front of my family, until they showed how supportive they were of me. It helped boost my confidence by a mile and just how I presented my music in general.

"Sitting here feeling kind of crazy, but not just any kind of crazy. It's the kind you feel when you love somebody. And I know my baby is calling someone else baby, and I can't sit still, look how gone it got me," I switch chords every once in awhile and pause for a few seconds. "Who knew that my heart could ever bruise? You see this scar here on my chest? I'm hurting and he don't even care.

"It's 4am and my lover won't answer, he's probably somewhere with a dancer. Sippin' champange while I'm in his bed," I belt out the chorus. Old and gruesome memories flood back, but I push them down. "It's 4am and I think I might lose it, this motherfucker thinking I'm stupid. He must've bumped his head, I only know it's 4 am."

I didn't bother to play the entire song to get things over with.

"Bravo!" My mom claps even though she's heard it a thousand times. "What's your new song called?"

"Try," I answer, toying with the strings and placing my fingers on the fretboard again.

The intro is a chorus of chords for a few seconds, then I start singing.