Chapter 15:

"When I hang around Calum, I just feel like everything's okay. He's just the guy- He makes me feel like life isn't always serious." - John Feldmann.

Sorry I was watching HDWEUH and thought it was really cute. Also thought I should make up for this dramatic throwback chap. from 'The Guitar'.

------------------------------------------

January 2021

Like any celebrity in Hollywood, pictures were taken of me and Rhett throughout the day. Walking through the streets, in the coffee shop with Calum, everywhere I went. Some of the earliest articles did not know who Rhett was, but by noon the next day his name was all over the internet and TV.

He admitted to me he wasn't used to any publicity at all, so this was new to him. I told him the best thing to do is stay low and if you do go somewhere public, act as nice as possible and only answer questions you're comfortable answering.

Over the course of 2020, I decided it was finally time to stop living in and out of hotels while I was in LA. I had enough money, so I looked into apartments and bought one. It was in the heart of LA, on the fifth floor, and the layout of the building was one of a hotel, which would be okay when I decorated everything.

For right now, I had two chairs, my TV set up, and a mattress on the floor. I was on heading out to go shopping, but when I opened the door to leave, a distressed-looking Michael is standing there. His hand was raised as if he was going to knock.

"Hi," He says quickly, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "Can we talk for a few minutes?"

"Yeah, sure," I open the door a bit more widely so Michael could walk in.

"Your apartment looks nice," Michael comments, eyeing the spacious area.

"I was just going to go shopping," I say slowly, knowing that he was stalling. I knew him a lot better than that.

"I'm guessing you know why I'm here?" He turns to face me as I lean against my kitchen counter, picking up a half-empty Starbucks coffee I nearly forgot.

"No, I don't. I just know you're not here to talk about my apartment."

Michael clears his throat and looks at his feet for a few seconds.

"You need to get rid of drummer boy," He says a little harshly for his previous tone of voice.

"You mean Rhett?" I raise an eyebrow, toying with the straw in the drink.

"Yeah, I mean Rhett," Michael scoffs, pulling a bar stool to the island so he could face me.

"Why should I? When did the people who I hang out with concern you?" I casually sip my coffee. Michael wasn't the type to tell anyone what to do or how to behave. Hell, he was the one we told to open his eyes to realize the guy or girl he met at the bar wasn't the ideal friend to keep around.

"Because..." Michael begins harshly, but he twists his face in confusion, "He's not the one."

"First off, Rhett and I are not dating," I stand up to throw the cup away, "Second off, Rhett and I are never going to date," I wash my hands (just to waste time), then wipe them on a towel near the sink. "Third off, again, when does this concern you? You have a little crush, Mikey?"

I said that just to tease him. I really liked Michael, he was one of my greatest friends. But right now, this was something serious we've never even spoken of.