Epilogue

5 years later...

I take a seat on Ella and Luke's couch, waiting for Ella to come into the living room.

A few moments later, she appears with her nine month old baby girl in her arms. Ella coos at Jade softly as she nibbles on a piece of watermelon.

"Take Jade please," Ella says to me. I stand up and take the baby from my friend's arms. Ella treks up the stairs and I assume she's leaving to get a sweatshirt for her and Jade.

"Hiya, babe," I smile at Jade. All she does it blink, finishing the last piece of watermelon, leaving the green part. I walk into the kitchen, wet a small towel, and wipe her face clean of the sticky reddish juice.

"All better?" I ask her, getting an excited shrill scream as an answer. I start bouncing Jade on my hip as I wait for Ella, humming one of my favorite songs at her.

Jade was such a cute baby, with her gorgeous dirty blonde hair and light green eyes. We were all pleasantly surprised that Luke and Ella's baby ended up having green eyes, considering the fact that Ella had brown eyes and that brown was a dominant trait. But no, there's a 1% chance that a blue and brown eyed parents would have a green eyed baby.

"Why are you so cute?" I say while fixing Jade's pigtails.

"Bubs," Jade says excitedly. "Bubs" was the name that Jade gave Luke. It's freaking adorable.

"I know, you got all of your dad's features," I smile at her, "But it's okay, because your dad is hot."

"Hey," Ella snaps, "That's my husband you're talking about."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. Ella puts on her sweatshirt, then puts a small, pink sweatshirt on Jade. Ella takes her daughter out of my hands and puts her on the ground. Ella holds Jade's hand as we walk towards the back door.

Outside, we follow the concrete path through the lawn and towards a secluded corner of the yard that has a fire pit and outdoor seating. There, Calum, Michael, Luke and Ashton sit, along with Ashton's new girlfriend, Cassie. As a joke, since he was the only single person of the friendgroup that didn't have a girlfriend, Michael brought his Golden Retriever puppy named Axel.

Axel was snoozing away in Michael's lap when we came. The boys and Cassie were casually sipping on bottles of beer. When I approached Calum, who was sitting in a porch swing for two, he handed me my own bottle. I declined. With a smile, Calum put his arm around the back of the seat, greeting me with a smile.

"Anything happen while we were gone?" Ella asks Luke as she helps Jade up on the bench next to her dad.

"Nothing much," Luke shrugs, putting down the bottle on the floor next to him and puts Jade in his lap, "Just teasing Mike about how he brought his dog instead of a girl."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Michael scoffs, "Axel is already my best friend anyway."

At the mention of his name, Axel raises his head and looks up and Michael, then sneezes.

"Yeah, you tell them Axel," Michael cooes, then picks up his puppy and holds him close to his chest, "I'm your best friend, huh buddy? We don't need any women." Axel licks his owner's chin, then rests his head on Michael's shoulder. Within seconds, it looks like the pup is asleep again.

"Wow, never thought we'd ever be replaced by a dog, did you guys?" Ashton says after taking a swig of beer.

"I'm just waiting for the day for Calum to bring home a dog and totally replace me," I shake my head, then look up at my boyfriend. My comment earns a few laughs.