Chapter 12: I do

POV: Tris

Today is Christina's wedding. I am extremely happy for her. Chris has waited so long for this event. She is such a sucker for romances sometimes.

They have decided to hold it somewhere near the Dauntless compound outside. From what I've seen, the scenery is gorgeous. Big forest green trees and pretty colored flowers cascades the area.

I helped decorate Christina's apartment 'bridal' style. Shauna, Marlene, Lynn, and I all hung up white ribbon from the ceilings decorated with delicate paisley and flowery designs.

I slip on my bridesmaids dress in Christina's all-black bathroom.

I hired a Dauntless wedding planner and she's helping all us bridesmaids look 'beautiful'. I would have planned Christina's wedding because I am her best friend, but it's just not my thing. I decided to leave it to an expert.

The lady curls my hair loosely as it falls to my shoulders in stunning waves.

I do my own make-up. I layer the crease of my eyebrow with black eyeliner and white eyeshadow. I add some nude lipstick.

Marlene made flower crowns for the bridesmaids. They're really pretty, placed with silky white flowers and light green petals.

She barrettes one on the top of my head.

"Thanks Mar," I smile "These are so creative."

She smiles and places one on Lynn's head, as she silently groans. I can't help but laugh a bit.

Christina walks out of her closet looking absolutely breathtaking. Her dark brown hair was pulled up into a perfected bun. She wore a flower crown herself, except there was a white vail attached to it.

All the girls cheer. Christina smiles from ear to ear and I can tell she hasn't been as happy as this in a long time.

I slip my black diamond heels on and the diamond necklace Tobias gave me for my birthday last week.

Time Lapse: Wedding

The music starts and I look around for Tobias. He finds me first.

"Woah you look gorgeous, Tris."

"Thanks," I say kissing his cheek.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod and he takes my hand. Tobias was chosen as best man, so it works out pretty well. We walk down the aisle, everyone's eyes on us.

I stand in my position next to the altar while Tobias stands on the other side.

Shauna and Zeke walk down hand in hand.

Zeke strolls goofily down dragging Shauna along. Shauna rolls her eyes helplessly following after him, but I can tell from the way she looks at him she loves him so much. I hold in my laugh.

Marlene and Uriah walk down, then Zack and Lynn right after them.

Will stands, waiting for the blushing bride. Everyone raises as Christina starts walking down the aisle with her father beside her. I managed to get her family down from Candor headquarters. I invited my family along with Will's.

Her dad kisses her cheek and takes his seat. Will takes Christina's hands.

"Will, do you promise to love and to cherish Christina through sickness and through health?"

"I do," Will declares.

"And Christina, do you promise to love and to cherish Will for the rest of your life?"

"I do," Cristina beams.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

Will pulls Christina into a kiss. We all applaud and Uriah even whistles. I'm so happy for my best friend.

***