Chapter 18: You aren't Dauntless!

Pov: Tris

"Get up Stiff's!" Peter yells, causing my body to abruptly jolt upward.

Rubbing my eyes nearly unconsciously, I wish I could sleep more. I was not comfortable in the cell, but my body begged me to lay back down and close my eyelids.

"It's not playtime anymore, now get the hell out here," Peter growls once again.

Tobias doesn't even pretend to notice Peter, just stands up and strides right past him.

"Jeanine wants to test you both in the testing lab," Peter hisses.

Tobias and I are both Divergent. Something bad is bound to happen, but at this point it seems it couldn't get any worse.

We are taken into a room that is definitely not the testing lab. As soon as I register what's before us, I can't take it any longer and just seem to fall to my knees.

Tobias does nothing but glare at Peter. He looks the way he did before I got to know him. Like he had no emotion around him, but everything to keep hidden within him.

"He's divergent," Peter sneers like he figured out the answer to the worlds problems. Even though he is still an Infant we are going to test in him, he has 3 results for the factions, just like Tris."
I'm not a crier, but lately I just can't stop it anymore.

Two metal platforms stand in Jeanine's testing room. Meant for us.
"Sit" She demands.
I'm not sure if I should follow.
But I have too.
"I'm testing you two separately."
Good. I don't want to see Tobias go through this. That would be a nightmare.
I glance around the room. There was machinery against a wall along with the metal platforms and counters trail along the walls until what is probably supposed to be Jeanine's desk. Papers are piled and scattered along her desk.
Whatever she wants to get out of me, she's not going to get it.
If the Abnegation is dying for it, then I am too.
They recently injected us with some sort of serum. It all comes to me. A simulation to destroy Abnegation for whatever information is included in that video. For some reason, they don't want the information to get out. Maybe someday we will see that video, but there's so much to be done we can't focus on that now. We have to stop Jeanine from starting that simulation.

A machine is placed on my head and places of my body. This is torture. I have to get out.
After testing Jeanine tells Peter to escort me to my cell.
"Peter you are a betrayal," I whisper.
"How am I a betrayal when I was Erudite before."
"You may have been Erudite before but you chose Dauntless," I whisper.
He just silent and gives me a flat look. Was he that stupid that he just now realized this? Probably.
"So are you helping or not!"
Without a word, Peter takes me to the simulation room.
Tobias is chained up in a chair and he struggles to get out.
(A/N all rights go to Veronica Roth)
I quietly unlatch him. He lands on top of me. He tries to choke the life out of me.
"Tobias!" I yell "What are you doing?"
He just continues to fight me. I struggle to break free but I already know he's much stronger.
Jeanine chuckles, "I knew you would fall for it, he's under a Divergent proof simulation."
I realize I have a knife in my back pocket but killing Tobias, It'd be like killing myself.
"Tobias," I say "If you can hear me please wake up from this, please it's Tris I'm here."
He continues to fight me but then stops after I continue to whisper its okay.
"Tris," he mutters.
He helps me up with a worried look on his face. Jeanine taps a screen from which I can see, she is managing to start up the simulation.
"Security!" Jeanine yells.
They pile inside the room.
"I've got them," Tobias reassures me.
If I fought Jeanine, I would win but there would be no point, I don't
know how to stop the simulation. My only option left is to use the the knife. Using all the skills I've learned, I throw it at her hand. She cries out in pain screaming as the blood drips down her fingers.
"Shut down the simulation," I demand.
"I would never!"
"Do it!" I threaten her.
"You foolish girl, you haven't got the best of me."
I can do this myself.
"You aren't Dauntless!" She yells.
"I know," I say "I'm not Abnegation, I'm not Dauntless, I'm Divergent!" And I shoot her the gun shot silencing the room. Jeanine Matthews is finally dead.

We sprint out of the room as unconscious guards lay beneath us.
We separate and I search every room for Mj. I can't find him.
I collide with Tobias. Thank goodness Mj is in his arms.
"Let's get out of here," Tobias says.
He hands me Mj and pulls the gun out of his back pocket.
All at once, we charge for the doorway. Tobias shoots multiple guards all risking their lives for Jeanine.
The oversized blue sweatshirt they gave me was quite uncomfortable, but it's apparently all they had.
I can't believe Jeanine brought our son into this. We should've done worse to her. I'm just so glad Tobias and Mj are okay. I still wonder what could be inside the video, and why Jeanine had tried her best to keep it from any of us. I know someday we will find out which is definitely enough for me.
<~>
So yeah I'm still working on writing better. Parts of theses scenes were mixed with the ending of Divergent and when Tris goes to the Erudite headquarters to sacrifice herself in Insurgent. There are mini hints of Allegiant in there like the video. I'm not sure if I'll write this fanfiction all the way to where they see the video, maybe I will maybe I won't but I probably won't. If I do, I promise you guys Tris would never die. If I were to write that part it wouldn't exactly be a Divergent No War. I would probably keep the name but if I were to change it it would be Divergent: Twisted. Please suggest what Mike's nickname should be:
•Mj
•Mikey
•Mike
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
<~>