Chapter 15: It's okay

Michael James Eaton

Born 11:56 pm

October 1st 2015

I wake still in the hospital room.

"Tris, look at baby Mikey," he smiles, handing him to me.

The first thing I notice about Mikey is that has my blue gray eyes and Tobias' dark brown hair.

He has his hooked nose too, just like Tobias'.

He's absolutely perfect, and I couldn't be happier. I'm so thankful for a happy and healthy baby.

Mikey smiles at me. That adorable tooth-less baby gleam.

He wraps his tiny little fingers around my pinky.

A single tear drops down my cheek. He's so beautiful. And he's my baby.

Chris, Will, Uriah, Mar, Shauna, Zeke, Lynn, and Zack all flood the room.

"OH MY GOODNESS HES ADORABLE!!" Marlene shrieks making us all laugh. I hand him to her willingly.

"Hi Mikey say hi to Auntie Marlene," she coos. Tobias and I decide that Mikey's Uncle's and Aunt's can be our friends, since we don't have anyone else around for that spot.

"I have a new nickname," Christina say "How about Mj?"

"I like it," Tobias and both respond.

We take Mikey to his new room we decorated last week.

There is a small wooden black crib in the corner of the room with baby blue blankets and a small little elephant which we plan on having as Mj's favorite stuffed animal.

There is also a black wooden bookshelf in the corner with a rocking chair and a blue carpet.

He has buckets of different kinds of toys in the other corner. We have light blue wallpaper covering the walls.

Tobias sets Mikey down in his crib and he falls right asleep.

Tobias wraps an arm around me. "I love you," I say.

"I love you too," he says kissing the top of my forehead.

Time Lapse: Night.

Tobias and I sleep soundly till we hear Mj's cries.

I get up opening the door quietly. I pick Mikey up and pat his back.

"It's okay," I coo "Mommy's here."

This is so new to me. It's like everything I dreamed about, expected, and wished for when raising a child is my reality.

His eyes close and he drifts off. I set him back down and slip back into Tobias arms.

We are awakened once again.

"I'll get it," Tobias whispers.

I can hear faint sounds coming from Mikey's room.

Hey Mj it's your Daddy

A smile spreads across my face.

I love you too

He comes back and slips into bed after setting Mj down. Tobias wraps his arms around me and I rest my head on his chest as we drift off.

***
Did you all notice the shade I threw at Caleb? :)))) Hope you enjoyed