Chapter 17: I have to save my family

POV: Tobias

I wake up and reach for Tris' warmth but find nothing.

I jolt up searching our apartment for any sign of her.

"Tris!" I yell.

Nothing.

I should've known better. I should've known she's do something like this.

I run to Mj's room. I crack the door open in case he's sleeping.

The crib is empty.

Tris didn't take, him did she? She wouldn't have.

I have to save my family.

I land in the train cart roughly. I know where Tris would have went. I know her too well.
She went to her parents Abnegation house.
I can't believe I let this happen. It's all my fault. I should have paid more attention or at least tried to reassure or stop her in some kind of way but I was too late. Too late to save my son. Too late to save Tris.
I run as fast as I can through the abnegation sector fields.

I bust the door open regretting it immediately. I should have been kore quiet. I search the house finding nothing.
Finally, at the end of the upstairs hallway is a room Tris and I were never aloud to be in as children.
The only option left is to open the door, so I do.
"No!" Tris screams. She looks awful. There are bruise marks on her face and her arms. Whoever did this to her is going to pay.
There stands Jeanine Matthews and. . . Peter?
"What are you doing?" I scream.
"Getting what she deserves, and getting what I need out of her. My plan worked amazing in you foolish children and now I'm going to give you what you deserve too."
Peter grabs hold of me but I shove him into the wall. Jeanine sends in extra security and this time I can't win. They throw me into a truck along with Tris.
"I'm so sorry," she sobs.
"Tris, please don't lie to me ever again."
"I know," she says crying into my shoulder. I wrap an arm around her fragile shoulders.
"Mj is gone."
"Tobias what the hell are you talking about?" She says.
"His crib was empty."
"Oh my god they took my baby boy," she sobs into my shoulder once again.
"I'm sorry I'm being so emotional."
"It's okay," I let out a small laugh rubbing her back.

They shove us out onto the ground taking us into Erudite headquarters. I immediately hate this place. Men and Woman with thin rimmed glasses and different shades of blue walk the glass halls.
We are taken into a glass room with different kinds of machinery.
"Alright you two," Jeanine snaps "What are the Abnegation planning to do?"
"I have no clue," Tris sniffles.
"Don't play dumb stiff," Jeanine taunted.
I know what Jeanine is talking about. I know what Abnegation is planning to do.
"Mr. Eaton, why have you gone so quiet all of a sudden?" Jeanine hisses.
"I know nothing!" I growl.
"Yes you do!" Jeanine screams.
They shock me with some sort of gun and I fall to the ground in pain.
"Tell me!"
"I don't know anything!" I yell instantly regretting it as I'm shocked once again.
"Tobias!" Tris wails kneeling down at my side.
"Look at what you've done to him!"
Peter threatens to shock me again.
"They are.. They are..." I stammer.
"Spit it out!"
"They are going to release the video... on Edith Prior!" I yell relieved.
Tris' facial expression is blank.
"Tobias, why didn't you tell me," she says flatly.
"I couldn't, I didn't know much at the time and I was confused and planning to leave... But then I met you and I couldn't leave. I couldn't. I fell in love with you."
"You guys might want to save this for later unless you want me to vomit over all of you," Peter says.

We are taken to our cells, desperately wanting to be next to each other.
"Tris.." I trail off.
"Yeah?"
"I swear all I know is that it's a video on something about our world and Edith Prior is somehow related to you.. Possibly the start of your generation. Maybe someday we will find out more but for now let's stick together and get ourselves out of here," I explain.
"Why Tobias," Tris asks "Why did you stay, you deserve better and I don't want to be the person who changes that."
"Tris, I couldn't leave you. I love you, look at our life now. If we get out of here picture how we already were, a happy family."
"I love you too," she says "We're going to make it out of here."
<~>
So yeah I told you it's big and next chapter is too! Next update: Tuesday.
I really enjoyed writing this chapter, well except the parts where Fourtris was being held captive but I mean the parts where Tobias confesses he stayed because of Tris, I mean it happened in the book and it had to happen here partly because it was like an a-maze-ing scene, probably one of my faves.
Love you all!
<~>