Life Without Tomoe

Tomoe, tomoeeeee" where is he? He was here when I went to sleep. I move my hand to the side and I feel a piece of paper I open it and read the paper.
Dear Nanami

I have left due to the situation with Akura-ou I fear that he will come after you if I stay. I will trust the snake to take care of you in my absence, please don't cry when you find this letter. I will return to you when either I or the gods have exterminated Akur-ou.
                                                     Sincerely Tomoe
"T-tomoe you left" I start to cry.
"How could you tomoeeeee come baaack" I fall into my pillow and cry my heart out. That's when Mizuki comes is worried he must have heard me crying.
"Nanami what's wrong?"
"T-Tomoe, h-he's goooonnneeee" I continue to cry.
"What why" I hand him the note, he reads it and immediately crumples up the paper.
" BASTERD"
"I didn't *sniff* even *cry* get to tell him" I say between sobs.
"Tell him what"
"I-I'm pregnant!" I yell curling into a ball under the covers head still in my pillow.
"Your what"
"I'm pregnant"
"He left you and you pregnant" he almost whispers. I feel him lean down and hug me I lean in him still crying.

Mizuki called Kimiko later that day thinking that she would know more about pregnancies and girl needs better then he would. Within minutes Kimiko was in my room hugging me and trying to comfort me, I told her the whole story about how tomoe left and how they I'm pregnant.
"Oh dearest Nanami I'm so sorry. But lucky for you I will stay here to help you out until your baby is born, I also have a few maids that could assist you"
"Really *sniff* thank you Kimiko"
"You helped me before my dearest friend so now I help you"
------time skip to 8 1/2 months later----
"Kimiko!"
"What is it Nanami"
"My water just broke"
"What lay down your baby is coming"
----------12 hours later--------------------
I sit on my futon holding my little bundle of joy she has little fox ears and a tail just like her dad. I decided to name her Tomi after Tomoe. I have had a lot of visitors including Kuma, Ami, Mizuki of course, Makige, the he-she God, and even Kuro and some of the tangu children which surprised me that they came. The one person who come didn't is the one I wanted to see most, Tomoe I wonder if he even knows Tomi exists. I love Tomi so much the only thing is I won't get to see her grow up. She is a Yoki I'm just human I will die long before her. I'm just happy she will have lots of people to love her even when I'm gone.
-----------3 years later---------------------
"Mommy it's fun to make sasamochi with you."
"Really hunny? I'm happy you think so." I look to my beautiful now 3 year old daughter. I could feel myself fading day by day, my sickness was getting worse and worse. It was easy to tell I was sick just by looking at how thin I had gotten. Much like my mother had when I was young.

I look at  my daughter sadly and kiss her on the forehead giving her my god mark.
"Tomi momma might have to go away soon"
"Why" she sounded so distressed and worried it broke my heart
"I just do. I might be gone for a long time but just promise me you will be a good girl for Mizuki"
"I will mommy"
"* cough cough* that's good hunny don't forget mommy when she is gone ok. "

A few days later I was bed written, not even able to walk anymore. I looked up at Mizuki, Tomi and a few guests that stood over my bed. I smile at the people around me though Tomoe wasn't there I was surrounded by friends, no family.

My heart monitor steadily stars beeps slower and slower.

Tears escape from Mizuki's eyes

"Oh Nanami No No no" Mizuki says crying.
"Mizuki" I turn to him

"Yes Nanami?"

"Please, take care of Tomi, be her familiar, protect her" I say with a strained voice coughing between every other word.

"Of course, Nanami" I smiled at him as a long high-pitched beep sounds

Mizuki hugs Tomi and cries.

"Th-thank you Mizuki"I steamer the last the flower I felt was a small tear on my face. And I wandered whether it was mine or someone else's