Four

♥ e v e r y t i m e ♥

"That was insane!"

Pushing the door open, panting at the same time, Justin and I took our first step into the air-conditioned room ― McDonald's. . . that is.

Everyone's attention was averted to us the moment we entered, which was confusing but I'd rather not care about it for now.

"Yeah, and they were flashing their cameras so many times trying to get pictures of us," Justin laughed, making me snort feeling embarrassed on behalf of the paparazzi.

Though, it wasn't really long before his eyes widened just as mine did when realization slapped us hard; and our eyes travelled down to our entwined fingers making the both of us pull our palms away nervously and awkwardly.

I knew my cheeks were flushing red, but I wasn't capable of stopping it just yet. In my peripheral vision, I noticed Justin looking to the other side, probably hiding his blushes too. I walked towards Pattie who had a smirk spreaded widely across her lips.

"So, I saw what happened. . ." She began teasingly, making me clear my throat a tad shy. "The both of you left me speechless, I thought you weren't getting along, hm."

I looked to my right, then to my left where Justin suddenly plopped down on the seat.

"That was nothing," I quickly covered Pattie's words up with fake coughs before Justin could hear them. "Just normal stuff, you know."

"Justin, and Justine," she firmly phrased out, crossing her arms over her chest with a serious look playing on her face. She looked so much like an FBI agent that I was beginning to feel like a criminal in the midst of an interrogation.

"What?" Both Justin and I chorused the response with our eyebrows cocked downwards; eyes narrowed down to slits.

"I saw your fingers!" Pattie sang playfully as her smirk grew wider. "Are you two like―"

"No!" Justin objected at instant, making me agree with him by nodding my head profusely.

"Damn it," I muttered under my breath, carrying on. "It's not what it looks like. I swear. Even if it sounds more than just the definition of cliché."

Justin nodded. "Yeah, we had to run from the paparazzi that were trying to attack us! They were running down the lane, probably enough to create a stampede, Mom," Justin explained, slightly more exaggerating, which made me laugh. "You gotta believe me on this."

Pattie sighed, though she didn't exactly seem convinced. I'm just simply going to pray that she won't tell Mom anything to raise her hopes up high. "Okay, then. . ."

Just then, Jonah slowly climbed his way onto my lap with a lopsided grin playing on his slightly chubby face.

"Hey baby. Are you okay?" I asked him rubbing his cheek gently with my knuckles, probably tickling him slightly because he wouldn't stop struggling to dodge with little giggles here and there. Man, could he get anymore cuter?

Squeaking, he nodded and pressed his cheek against my chest to rest. Ahhh, at least my baby brother's back. I smiled at the sight of him with his little pretty eyes closed before looking up to see Jenna climb over, just to give him a small peck on the cheek.

Pattie and I stared at her in awe, while Justin chuckled―but I'm pretty sure he wasn't chuckling at the adorable sight that just happened; he was chuckling at his mother and I.