Thirty Nine

♥ j e r k ♥

"Okay, wait, I realized something," I paused for a moment once we've reached the hotel lobby. "WHERE THE HELL IS SCOTT BRAUN?" I yelled.

Many people's eyes fell on me and all I could think was...WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!

"He's gonna be here," Mom laughed.

"Soon," added Pattie with a smile. "Oh, here comes!"

"Chill, Justine, chill, I'm right here," Scooter's voice appeared.

I fist-pumped and spun around swiftly. "Scooter!" I ran towards and hugged him so tight. He was kind of like...a dad? to me.

"Oh, so you're gonna give him a hug, but not me?" Carin appeared behind, with a smile.

I grinned and pulled away, before slowly making my way to her for a hug. "Missed you, Carin!"

"Ah, I would've said 'Miss you too, Justine!' but frankly, everyone missed your loud...weird...random...super- " I cut her off.

"I know, I know, skip to the point," I laughed.

"WE ALL MISSED YOU!" Kenny, Alfredo, Ryan, Scooter and Carin said in a chorus and closed up on me, leaving me standing in the middle.

"Can't breathe, too many people around me," I slowly said.

All of them laughed and backed away, while I panted.

"Aight, let's go up," Justin came back with the keys dangling in his hand.

***

"Hmm, simple but sophisticated," I looked around and stopped when Justin wrapped his arms around me from the back.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Nothing much, just wanna hug my shawty," he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.

I sighed. "Can you please explain to me about Jelena three days back?" I quietly asked after a few moments.

He loosened his grip around me a little. "There's nothing much to talk about that."

"You're lying," I turned around to face him.

He grounded his teeth. "I'm not."

He was getting pissed with this little matter?

"Fine then," I shrugged.

"Why are you being paranoid?" He asked, with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

I felt myself flare up a little. "I am not being paranoid."

"Yes, you are," he folded his arms.

"Okay, fine, then let me tell you why I'm paranoid. It's because of you. Of Selena. Of Jelena. If there wasn't anything going on three days ago, why don't you care to explain?" I clutched the hem of my blouse to stop myself from screaming and to cool down a little bit.

"Okay, first off, who are you?" He shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm your girlfriend, Justin. Your fucking girlfriend. That's why you should explain!"

"You're not my girlfriend," he spat. "My girlfriend wouldn't become like this."

I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Fine. Until you find out who your girlfriend is, I don't wanna see your face. But until then, this just shows that you DO NOT know me, and you're going to figure me out your fucking self." I shook my head and walked out the door, mumbling. "You're a bloody asshole."

I went to the shore nearby, and walked along the waters. It's been so long since I've done this. Like...two years, three. This feeling was...peaceful. I loved this.

See what I mean? Every time he assures me something, I end up being sad or upset.

What the hell happened to him?

Out of the blue, he becomes a jerk, an asshole. I don't know him anymore.

"Justine Diana Kaye," Carin came up beside me.

I turned to her with a smile. "Hey, Carin."

"So, what're you doing here? It's almost time we left for the place where Justin'a gonna perform," she paused and tried to read my expression. "shit, no, don't tell me the both of you fought..."

I gave her a small smile and shrugged. "I don't know what's with him."

"Crap, crap, ugh. We hadn't even arrive here for a few hours and the both of you have already started quarreling? No!"

I raised an eyebrow. "So do you know about the both of us?"

She mirrored my expression. "Know about what?"

"That we're a couple?"

She gasped loudly. "Seriously?"

I nodded.

She smirked. "I think he has a motive for this."

I frowned. What's that motive?