Nine

♥ three strong  words, b e s t f r i e n d ♥

I should really start thinking before I speak, goddamn.

Being how he usually is, Justin tilted his head slightly before raising an eyebrow knowingly, only making me shrink under his intense gaze. Of course I had to come up with something to say. It sounded so, totally, wrong.

God, I'm so stupid, I can't even.

"Uh," I let out a (tight) laugh before dropping my head low, "you know? I love you? Like best friends?" I raised my head once again for my eyes to meet his confused ones. "Yeah―I love you, best friend!" I pulled my lower lip into my mouth and chewed on it, trying to hide my nervousness.

Justin seemed like he had caught onto it though, he looked almost suspicious. That wasn't a very great help to me, for fuck's sake.

"Oh, so we're best friends, now?"

Jesus, I can't feel my face anymore. This is utterly embarrassing, I just wish I could climb under the rug to hide myself forever. It would be a thousand times better though, if the ground would just open up and swallow me whole.

"Uh. . ." I cleared my throat awkwardly, getting up from the bed. "Never mind, then. You didn't just hear that. I'm a bit hyper right now so I need to, uh, go."

I was more than ready to run the hell away for my life, but when something warm curled around my wrist, I knew at once that it was Justin holding me back, torturing me even further as if I hadn't already tortured myself mentally, enough.

"I didn't say you could go, now did I?" And I'd be stupid not to sense the smug smirk forming on his face right after.

"But―"

"I love you too, best friend. Now sit down," he ordered, pulling me back down so that my ass could touch the soft, heavenly bed. From the corners of my eyes, I could see his  legs moving and shifting about before he sat up straight and pulled his legs apart so that there a was big gap in between.

He patted the empty space before him, motioning me to crawl inside. "Hurry, best friend, I'm desperate for a cuddle right now."

"Well, you could cuddle the pillow," I suggested, however, my legs weren't agreeing on that part as they mindlessly crawled towards Justin.

Once I had settled myself down between his legs, I pulled the laptop onto my lap, thanking God that I had worn long jeans for the day otherwise my legs would have long been burnt by the heat produced by it. I slowly leaned into Justin's chest when I felt it arching slightly due to the fact that he'd rested his back against the wall.

"I don't suppose a pillow could be as comfortable as you," and the next thing I know, he had thrown his arms around my waist, and dropped his chin onto my shoulder. "Best friend."

"Oh, stop pulling that card for God's sake!" I cried, huffing in annoyance when his arms tightened around me after chuckling at me.

"Hm, maybe I will. . ." He paused to nuzzle his face in my hair. "After you admit you like me."

"Justin Drew Cocky Bieber Mallette―"

"I could get used to you calling me that whenever you're mad," he rudely interrupted, only causing me to flare up even more.

Deciding to ignore it because I know he was only trying to get on my nerves, I growled a very unattractive growl. "Dude, I hate you too much to start liking you. And you know what's bad? Is that after having spent more time with you, I've grown to become weak and soft, just like you."