Prolouge

The sun was setting, it was getting late, all the children who were outside was heading inside to get ready for the evening. It was in the Caribbean or the West Indies, the Spanish had conquered it for their empire and to find gold and glory. The families started to head to their chambers. All but one family, that specific family. Just a mother waiting for her Husband to return home, decided to tell her sons to sit and hear a cuento ( story ).
" Mamá, why do we have to hear a story?" Asked the youngest son. The mother arched her back she stopped looking at the window and turned to look at him. She smiled at him, rubbed his head with her soft hands, then she motioned her eldest son to explain why.
"All of Mamá's Cuentos always teaches us a lesson." The eldest bother looked at him with quiet and tired eyes. Then he started to look back at his mother.
The mother kept smiling to them, she got up and went to get something to drink in the kitchen, she returned and asked. " Have I ever told you the cuento of el Amor ( the love ) that was strong and united two very unlikely people.?"
Both sons shook their heads, the Mother smiled, she then got ready. Her eldest son leaning on the white wall while sitting. Her youngest waiting to hear, the tension of the nervousness of the youngest son.
Both sons sitting on the floor waiting to hear what excitement of the tale their mother, who was ready to say her tale.