Chapter 21

Several years have passed since Miguel was assigned in the military for what he had tried to do to Manuel at the party. He looked more muscular and he grew more tall over the years. His hair was cut in the sides with elongated pony tail he started growing a beard. Miguel learned how to use the sword as well learned how to load a gun. He stood guard for the building of the fort over time or he was training with the others. He helped build as well to provide more work done for the fort. Victoria grew a little more taller and she looked more like a young lady. She always visited Miguel on duty and always brought him food to eat. He always loved it when she comes to him. He had to stay at the garrison tents over the years not in the manor and today was the last day of staying there. He was supposed to arrive home that day. He was spending the last night at his tent with Victoria alone favoring privacy would best be spent then wasted. As the day passed Miguel awoke with Victoria waiting for him with his things. Which was not plenty of things, he got up grabbed it from her than left the tent and got in the carriage with Victoria then headed for home.
Manuel have awoken from his slumber he got up and looked to the wall of the room. He was confused he knew his older brother would be returning back changed as well with a new job. In which he did not have one. To his dismay he was sad that he would be seeing Victoria who after the day Miguel was sent to the military refused to visit Manuel. He started excelling in music more every day of the months that passed by in the years being alone. He today was looking for a job to impress his family. He decided he will try to see if he can work as a player in the dinner or lastly try to work with the Sugar company.
He left his room to see his mother. Estrella started to feel that she is getting older. She did not want to leave her children or leave them without them happy. Her father died fours year after her age and she wanted to not be scared about her children fighting over the dumbest things. She was nervous with what Miguel would do when he first step into the door. What would Manuel do? She saw Manuel coming in and asking if he could leave to Caparra today. She nodded allowing him to head over there. Without the knowledge he was looking for a job. Alonso stood tall and he saw his wife looking nervous he was tired he worked hard this day and he saw his wife taking a breather she was still nervous he went to her and grabbed her. He told her it was ok. He told Estrella that he later have to check on the company and work a little more today.
The door opened to reveal Miguel coming in with Victoria who have not been in the manor for years. He looked at his parents and nodded his head. They smiled at him and went to him and embraced him. " How are you Miguel" asked Estrella. She was smiling at him. He told her he was doing fine. He just smiled and waited for his father to say something. He asked him if he learned anything over there. He nodded and told him he learned a lot. After everything he went to his room with his love. He hold her hand and waited for her to lean on him. She did and he stayed quiet.

Later........

Manuel left his room to get some fresh air and he saw Victoria walking out Miguel's room. He saw her and she saw him and smiled he looked away and continued to leave out the door. He walked away he did not want to see her, he heard the door closed behind him. He kept walking to his destination to hear footsteps coming closer it was Victoria she told him " Espera Manuel." She said waiting for him to answer. He stopped and looked at her he told what happen. She told him she wanted to talk to him like they use to. He sighed and looked at her, he felt pain in his chest.
He then said " Victoria why do you want to talk to me of all people if you have my brother para usted y no yo ( for you and not me)" she looked at him she understood what he meant. He was not happy he was just cruising with the mode. He continued walking and Victoria started following him not knowing what he was going to do.
" Well we can still be Friends." Victoria suggested, he looked at her. He had a hard face, he felt like she was spitting in his face. He felt violent but then he calmed down and nodded. She then smiled and said " Now sonreírte ( you smile)" he did not smile he stayed quiet and continued walking with her. She looked at him then stopped smiling.
As they walked to the market, Manuel was rejected by all job positions there he did not know what to do. He was looking for a way to impress his parents. He was in an extremely bad mood he started to think he had bad luck. With what all that had happen. That before he dies his luck would change. He continued walking and ignoring Victoria who was talking about some needless thing. She stopped and said " Ok Manuel que te pasa?" He looked at her he could not believe that she still have not notice the reason of his bad mood. He forgot that she did not cared for him. So what was the point of asking.
" I am in a bad mood since I have to deal with everything that is happening, no one cares what is happening to me." He started raising his voice, she looked at him and notice that he felt lonely. She stayed quiet he just looked at her. He just stretched and continued walking she grabbed him and pulled him into a corner of a building.
" Just stop, your being immature. Ahora ( now)" Victoria said. He told her to let go, she did and he continued to his destination walking slowly. She followed and they entered the shop. To see if there was a job in the music store, the store manager came and saluted Manuel and knew who Manuel was. He asked if he can have a job here. The manager agreed and told him to first come in the next three days.
Manuel thanked him and continued back home. Victoria then said " felicidades" he thanked her and he continued walking. She looked at him then she felt bad. " Pero por favor Manuel. ( but please) why do you do this, you do not have to change."
He looked at her and he was tired he stopped in front of the Manor. Before entering He replied " Mira ( look) I do what ever I want. I am not going to kiss your feet like your some princess. Dejame Ser que soy ( let me be what I am )" Manuel then left her alone, he then went inside and slammed the door behind him. He continued inside to his room and he past his older brother and did not look at him. Then went to his room and shut the door.
Miguel went outside after what happened to see Victoria weeping, he went to her sat besides her on the steps of the manor and pulled out his arm and put it on her shoulder for comfort. He looked at her and asked her what happened she told him " Tu Hermano el me odia ( your brother he hates me)" he was looking at her and he kissed her forehead.
" Olvidarlo he is just suffering. Anyone would done the same in his shoes." He replied looking at her. She wiped her eyes and he gave her a hug. He smiled at her and hold on to her. As they stayed there. Alonso came back from the Sugar company he looked tired but not when he returned earlier that day. He saw what had happened.
" Permiso and many blessings, I Have to see your mother right now." Alonso passed by, they saluted him, he went to the couch and took off his shoes and left to his room and before passing Manuel's room. He heard something he heard the cuatro playing. He put his ears on the door to hear more better. He heard Manuel singing, he heard about losing his love. Alonso took his ear out and rolled his eyes and continued to his room. To talk to Estrella.
He walked in to see her folding her cloths, he looked at her and smiled at her. He told her " Estrella mi Amor we are invited to a party." He saw her look to see that she was excited. He stayed and waited to see if she was going to say anything, she did not say anything and he continued " It is going to be on the day after Tomorrow." She smiled at him.
Then Estrella said " Bueno we can get some alone time." She kept smiling and he went to her and hugged her. He then told her what he heard what was happening in Manuel's room. She was sad then she went to his room to talk to him.