Chapter 16

"Bibi! ¡Mamá Donde estas?! ( Mother, mother where are you?!) yelled Estrella who was in her room sitting on her bed holding her stomach. She did not had a good morning. Alonso was not there with her at the moment, he was working at the Sugar cane company so he had to leave early today. She felt something in her stomach started to rise to her throat then got up and ran to the bathroom to Throw up. She waited for a while and her mother came running in. Her mother closed the door behind her so Miguel would not enter to see his mother sick. It would make him worry and causes a panic attack on the family now.
     Luciana looked at her daughter, she was worried but was calm she probably knew what it might be. She asked " What happened?" She waited she was worried for her only child. She was her family, so Luciana had to be her doctor for Estrella at the moment.
     " Creo que voy a tener otro hijo ( I think I am going to have another child) muttered Estrella. Then Luciana rubbed her back, she sat down next to Estrella. Then she hugged her happily.
     " Mas familia ( more family) then." Luciana said, she then continued " Let's check with the medical Doctor." Estrella nodded, then they got up left the room then got out of the manor, and left to the hospital.
     Zaccheuas looked from the fields to see his wife and daughter Leaving the manor. He realized that Miguel is still inside alone so he stopped what was and headed inside the manor. It was a hard day but Zaccheaus had helped from the Yoruba workers who were once slaves but now are considered Workers for them. The family pays them to work on the fields and Zaccheaus would help time to time.
     He got inside to see Miguel walking around looking for Estrella. He said " Miguel, Vente por aca. ( Miguel Come over aca.)" Miguel saw his grandfather then walked to him. He then stopped, Zaccheaus rubbed his head. He then spoke " Tu mamá no estas aqui Ahora ( your mother is not here now)"  then Miguel started to worry he was about to cry.
     Zaccheuas rubbed his head  to comfort him and decided to take him to the music room. Miguel was amazed to see how it looks inside, he usually was not allowed in it. Then Zaccheaus took out the Cuatro from his case which was in the corner of the Music room. He then started to play in front of Miguel. Miguel looked at his grandfather to see him play a tune or two. He started to dance in some way, then he started to laugh. From all the fun he was having with his grandfather in the music room.
        Zaccheuas heard the door closed from the living room, he put his cuatro away to see Alonso come in through the door. He looked tired from working but that was normal. He said " Hello Zaccheuas" then saluted him. Zaccheuas saluted him back then Alonso picked up Miguel to go and feed him.

    Later......

    Luciana and Estrella returned from the Hospital a couple of minutes after Alonso, as they entered they were greeted by Alonso who had Miguel on his shoulder who was asleep. Then Zaccheaus came from the music room and also greeted them.
     Luciana said toward Alonso " Estrella is with child." He looked surprised then he smiled he was overwhelmed with joy. Estrella walk to him and hug him and Miguel. Zaccheuas was happy that his daughter is happy. Then Luciana continued " We are leaving in two days, ustedes pueden ( you guys ) take care of yourselves by then." Estrella and Alonso nodded and they all headed to their rooms to sleep.

Later..........

      Everyone was asleep and it was not even passed midnight when Luciana started to fidget around in the bed and her eyes started to have rapid eye movement. She opened her eyes to see she was not at her room. She was at the living room standing, it was weird for her she did not recognized the room . There was no candles or night torch to light up the house when it was dark. It was lighten up by a small device that sat on a counter. She ignored it then saw a square sized box in the living room. She passed it, she was weirded out completely. As she passed the living room. She went and saw letters that was made out in her name that was laying on the counter.
      She picked it up to and read it to see that a boy wanted to have her for a relationship he was explaining how he will meet her to tell her how he had felt. How he would sweep her off her feet. Then she put the letter down. All She thought about finding Zaccheaus in the house, weird she looked at the pictures hanging around the house and it was not even them only her and a few people she did not recognized. She opened the door that lead to outside, she was astonished to see more houses around like the crowded cities in Spain. She looked around to see more brick roads, she saw houses that were lighten up to see shadows behind the curtains of the houses, then saw what looks like a kid holding what looks like a pistol that she have never seen anyone use.  Who was pointing it to another kid who had his hands up, as well did not move.
     Luciana ran to them to stop the situation, she recognized one of them it looked like Zaccheuas he was dressed weirdly she have never seen an outfit like that. She then ran closer to see that he noticed her then he said some things. In which She did not hear what he had said. Then he pulled the trigger which made a loud noise and then Luciana awoken from her dream sweating as well as scared.
      She looked around the room it was still night then she looked at Zaccheaus who was still asleep. She saw his bare back, she then rubbed her hand on his back it was warm. She was cold, Zaccheaus turned around and grabbed her. She was under him. He looked at her straight in the eyes, Zaccheaus was tired but Luciana was awake so he would stay awake with her.
    " Nanichi did something happened?" Asked Zaccheaus giving a yawn. She looked away blushing. He kissed her, she returned it. She looked at him straight in the eyes giving a worried look.
     She said " I had a nightmare, you were holding what seems like pistol and shot a teen killing him.  You were a teen again and we were at home in front. Everything was different." She looked, he looked at her. He rubbed his hand on her cheek softly, he told her it was ok. To not worry about it.
    He told her to sleep, she closed her eyes. She fell asleep. He hugged her then he fell asleep on her.

  The next day.......... 
    Zaccheaus started to put some luggages in the Carrige. Alonso was helping too, after they had finished. They said their goodbyes, the carriage left.

   Later.....

     Zaccheaus was finished doing what Luciana wanted to do in the Carriage alone. He was calm and collected, he talk to her about how he is already mastering the Cuatro and how Macho would be proud of him for learning it. As well as how Pedro, Davíd and Don Germán were proud of him.
     The Carriage stopped and they exited to enter the docks were the ship was. A couple Seamen helped with transporting the luggage. People entered the ship, it was filling up. Zaccheaus was holding Luciana's hand who was happy to be there with him. He was happy they are going to the island of Mona as an anniversary with Luciana.
      It took a total of four hours into the afternoon for the ship to start sailing which was already the start for lunch. Luciana was hugged by Zaccheaus who wanted his wife to be happy. He did not want to let her go, as the ships sails picked up wind they looked at the sea as they saw the gorgeous view of it.
    Zaccheaus loved looking at the sea, while Luciana liked enjoying being with Zaccheaus. As they enjoyed there everyone was working around and the others looked around to see different places of the ship.
      The couple heard a rumor from two men talking in a secret conversation " have you heard the enemies of España ( Spain) are surrounding the island?" Said one of the men who sounded like he was scared. The other one nodded agreeing, Luciana heard what they said about enemies and Zaccheaus grabbed her tightly to comfort her.
     Luciana whispered to Zaccheaus "No son Los Tainos ( it's not the Taino) it's the enemies near Spain." Zaccheaus was shocked to know that there was more places over there. Then he told her it was ok. It would not happen like a couple years ago when the French started to attack the island which they had to build a wall.
        As the ship sailed the captain spotted a thunder Storm that heading into their direction. It would take half an hour to reach them directly. He could of simply avoid it by turning to the safe direction but he was being followed from the behind. It was an enemy ship what looked like a brig. As it headed towards them it had about half an hour to reach them from behind. It was either be killed by the enemy or take a chance of surviving a storm.
      The captain decided to take route toward the storm. As he calculated the enemy had retreated away from the storm. As they entered the waves of the storm. Everyone on the boat was directed to inside of the ship.
      As the waves got bigger and more intense the crowd walking on the ship got more chaotic. Everyone started to push each other to get into the ship , most throwing panic attacks or started to fight. Luciana and Zaccheuas have not even entered yet.
       Zaccheaus was holding Luciana, so she would not panic like the others. As the waves hit the sides of the ship. The waves reached so high that it started to soak the sailers. The skies were black as everyone started to hear thunderstorms.   Then there was a giant wave coming to the ship. Growing bigger by the minute losing frequency but growing in wavelength.
       This was when everyone started to panic even more. Half of the people were already in the ship some started to drop into the waters or started to take their lives. Zaccheaus and Luciana was not in the ship yet. The crew started to close the ship from the inside closing them off. Leaving the remaining ones outside to deal with the wave strike.
      Zaccheaus turned to see the wave as it hit down the ship. Everyone was swept away, and Zaccheaus was losing breath but saw that everyone who were inside the ship kept sinking down into the depths of the sea. Zaccheaus lost his breath. He was unconscious.