Chapter 19

A year had passed on the island since the arrival of Victoria. Miguel started to take interest in working with the Military. They have started a project in working on building forts around San Juan in order to protect Spanish territory. Manuel started to take a musical side, he started to play the Cuatro as well as the guitar. He was learning from David the remaining Musician from the trio. He learned so much in a year that he started to play even more complex pieces of songs. While Miguel started writing more complex literature often singing as a trovador. Estrella was happy to see her children growing up, she felt how everyone have felt when they have said time passes real fast.
     Alonso have bought another sugar company increasing the wealth being brought into the house. He appointed two managers for the company so he can live with Estrella more and not go have to go over there to check on them. Victoria have been visiting Miguel and Manuel the last couple of months, she has not spoken to them about what happen the year before. Both were in love with her but to them they did not knew that both of them liked her. Both thought It was just him that like her. They started to bring Victoria with each one of them without telling the other. Victoria would not even tell them because she was always confused about why both would not hang out with her. But  she did not say anything she trusted them since the day they have fought for her.
     Today they were walking home like any other normal day, they where just all hanging out. They all talked about school, that they are heading out of it. Miguel started to talk about probably joining the military for Spain. He talked about how they were building forts around the island. He wanted to work in them to protect the family and a certain someone. Then the conversation changed about Manuel saying he wanted to become more musical. He was saying he wrote some songs, half being romantic songs for again a certain someone.
    They talked for the entire day then they went to the markets and went around buying stuff. Both brothers bought gifts to Victoria. She accepted them both, the brothers then both went home with Victoria and proceeded hanging out with Victoria as well as starting to study.
    Alonso was working around the house just like how Zaccheaus use to do to keep the house in good condition so that it would no fall down on them. He started to install better doors and new windows. He needed some help so he called Manuel to help him. He waited to see if he came. Then he stepped from the manor and started working with him.
      Miguel heard the door closed from the living room then he looked at the beauty in front of him. He looked at her, she blushed then turned away from him. He walked to her he said "tu es las mas Bonita flor en este mundo entero. ( you are the most beautiful flower in this whole world.)"  She looked to him, he pulled her chin up. He kissed her, she kissed back.
       Meanwhile.......
      Estrella just finished cooking, she was going to call Manuel and Alonso, but she wanted to check on Miguel and Victoria first. As she left the kitchen she did not heard anything echoed through the house. Which was natural since the house echoed through from all three floors. She then climbed to the second floor. She saw the door closed. Weird, she thought they usually always have the door opened so that They can hear Estrella call them. She went to the door and put her ear on it.
     She heard nothing she was worried, she then opened the door to see that they were not in the family room. She went to Manuel's room, they did not studied there. She went to Miguel's room. She heard movements and she looked down through the floorboards to see the light peering through the door. She saw shadows from the light, so they were inside.
     Then she opened the door slowly to see a sight that was not appropriate. She looked to see Miguel having his way with Victoria. They were under the covers. Estrella was furious, she walked in and slammed the door. She said " ¡Miguel! Salga de ella,( get out of her)  your are grounded " she walk to them.
    He looked at his mother he stayed quiet, he looked down to see Victoria blushing and who was also scared. Estrella continued to walk then she took the covers and she then pulled Miguel by the ear then pulled him from Victoria. Then she told Victoria to put her dress back on. Then she pulled Miguel arm and pulling him outside of the room into the hallway. She gave him his cloths and said " You are grounded mijo, Tiene Suerte que tu Papá no Te encontro ( mi son, you are lucky that your dad did not found you.)"
     Miguel did not look at his mother, he was sad that his mother is disappointed. He then started to put his clothes on. Estrella then left in a hurry to prepare the food. Victoria left Miguel's room, she looked at him then she blushed. She put her hands on his chest, she then give him a peck. He blushed, she said " Mi Novio, ( Boyfreind )  are you ok?"
   He nodded then she started walking then she  pulled his hand to go to the dinner table. They both left then they both sat down at the table they did not talk. Then Manuel entered with Alonso. Manuel sat in front of Victoria, he smiled at her. She smiled back at him, then he did not say anything. Estrella looked at Victoria she was quiet then did not look at Estrella. She said " Alonso mi amor, we need to talk with Miguel about some things later."
      He nodded he looked at Miguel, who did not even dared to look at his father right now. He started to eat and stayed quiet. Then they continued with dinner. As they have finished with dinner, Manuel was escorting Victoria back to her home. Alonso heard from Estrella with what had happened, then he looked at Miguel and started to give him the talk.

      Meanwhile.......

     Manuel was escorting Victoria, they were alone. They did not talk till Manuel started talking about how he is happy making his music. That he had several people who inspired him. She was happy, they walked slowly. He then stopped picked up a flower. He said " Esto es un flor rojo ( this is a red flower)"
     She looked at it then she said it was beautiful. Then he looked at her and smiled and put it on her hairs. He told her she was more beautiful, he smiled at her. She blushed but she was confused she could not like him.
      She looked down, she did not want to make him sad. She thought for second, then she decided to not make him sad. She told him thanks and that they had to reach to the house faster. So they headed faster to the house and Manuel told her goodbye. Then she left into her house.

  ............

    " Miguel now do you know why your mother was mad at you?" Said Alonso waiting to see if he finally understand. He saw Miguel nodding, then he continued " You are not allowed to see Victoria after School alone at home. Your going to have to study in the living room.  Now I have to go to your mother, and make her happy."
    He got up then left out of Miguel's room. Miguel only thought about Victoria how he was swayed with her beauty. He wanted to have her now. He stayed quiet. He then laid back down started to think about the afternoon he had with her while they were alone.
     Victoria went to her room, she started to think about how she have to deal with Manuel, then her thoughts went to Miguel and remembered what they had done. She remembered how gentle he was with her, how he convinced her. He was making her blush in every second he talked to her. She then closed her eyes and fell asleep thinking about Miguel.
   Manuel was walking up the steps of the manor, he heard his mother talking to his father. They were in the kitchen, he was passing by till he heard the name of Victoria. He put his ear to the door and heard " I feel bad for Victoria she will have to make a decision she would regret in the future." Spoked Estrella. She was quiet
     " I feel bad if she picks Miguel or Manuel. One of them is going to be triste ( sad)." Replied Alonso, they continued talking then Manuel entered the door. He saluted and his parents then he headed who looked at him and smiled. He smiled back then went back to his room. He went to bed thinking about what his parents were talking about. He started to think about what his parents were saying about Victoria. He was confused, "so Victoria was in love with one of us?" He then thought that Miguel might not like Victoria that way. He started to think how to win her heart.