Chapter 20

A week have passed Victoria and Miguel started to defy Estrella and Alonso rules. They started to sneak off at night and started to do things alone which Miguel's parent would not approve and Victoria's parents as well. Alonso one night noticed Miguel was gone one night, and the day after he put a cage over the window outside then put a reverse Keyhole to prevent him from leaving at night from the door and window. It has stopped the two from meeting up with each other every other night. Manuel was oblivious with what was happening between Miguel and Victoria. He kept thinking for days then he thought making a song. He had to find several people to help him play the song to her. He started thinking about the rhythm and lyrics to create.
Estrella was always watching her  oldest son when Victoria started visiting. She always caught the two staring at each other like they have not seen each other for years wanting each other. She always watched them incase they started to do something or leave somewhere. She always sent Manuel to take Victoria home not Miguel. Alonso started to teach some courting advice to both of his sons. Mostly to one at a time in private not to cause problems. He knew Manuel liked Victoria, he also learned that Miguel liked Victoria. He also knew Victoria did not like Manuel. He tried to tell Manuel but He could not try, he does not want to see his child sad. He always tried to convince Estrella to do it. But she told him that since he was the father he should do it.
Miguel always tried to be with his girl, but he was always intercepted by his father. In the past Every time he would walk home and he would walk with Victoria, while Manuel would walk ahead with out noticing, They would trade affections to each other. Now His father would pick them all up and walk with him. So they could not spend time with each other only in class. They use to sneak out but thanks to Alonso now they do not anymore.
As the days of the week passed Miguel felt alone. He wanted to be with his flower, he stayed quiet and thought to himself. As he thought to himself Manuel was talking to Davíd, he convinced him if he could borrow some musicians for a dance that was coming up. He agreed then left to start practicing to serenade to Victoria. He looked at his music sheet. He smiled at the song that he finished he was happy. He got his cuatro and started playing the tune and started singing. He sang with his heart he thought about how he would win her. He finished the song then he smiled it was ready. He is going to sing to her. Not now but later in a year or two maybe. He wants to perfect his singing for her.
Estrella was talking to Miguel she was saying to him about responsibilities of having kids. He looked at her and nodded he asked for forgiveness to his mother. She hugged him, he hugged back.  As she left the room He decided to go to sleep.
Alonso was looking out of the Porch on the Third floor. He thought what would Zaccheaus would have done with this current situation taking place. He thought about what Luciana have done when she have learned what Estrella and him have done a long time ago. He then wondered how to make his child listen to him more.
As the days have passed they all have decided to enter in a party and all attended. Manuel went to Victoria durning lunch she was alone in the courtyard secretly she was waiting for Miguel to come to her. Manuel went to her and she looked at him, she smiled she saw Manuel who was her Friend. He was nervous and waited he then gulped. He said " Este sabado voy a una fiesta y quiero que me compañe? ( this Saturday I am going to a party and I want you to accompany me?)" She looked at him. She thought about it she felt guilty and she kept thinking. Probably it would be just her and Manuel and she could tell him by then. She sighed and nodded her head. He thanked her excitedly and left, Miguel came to her and grabbed her. She smiled at him, he smiled back. He then asked her what Manuel have just asked her. She looked at him then she was shocked she was nervous she felt guilty for she had done.
" Tu Hermano ( your brother) your brother just asked me" she asked nervously then Miguel looked mad he was not mad at her. He smiled at her. He then kissed her forehead, he then told he will deal with it. She then hugged him but she still felt guilty.
As the day passed Manuel was happy he is going to dance with Victoria. He kept thinking what he could do to sway to her in his direction. He waited till dinner was over and when he was about to head to sleep and was just rearranging the sheets. Miguel came in the room looked at him and then he went back into his room.

Next few days.....

It was Saturday it was bright and sunny outside. Miguel dressed in a suit that he purchased he was ready to dance with Victoria and profess to his parents that he loved her. So that they can leave him alone with all the things they been have doing to him. Then his mother entered the room, she wore a brightly red dress embroidered in yellow line in Flower designs. She looked at her son, she was thinking of telling him now before the party. She told him " Miguel tu no vas a quitar ( Miguel you are not going to take ) Victoria for yourself today, Manuel asked her to dance first." He looked at his mother he was mad. He then looked down. She knew what he was going to do.
He said " Puedo bailar con Ella una vez?" His mother looked at him. She shook her head, she said that she agreed to dance with Manuel so she had to stay with him for today. He was furious he did not say anything. He stayed quiet. She left the room and he followed slowly behind her.
Manuel was excited, he dressed up as well as well as brought invited the players to play the song for her. He put a hat on and continued and left for the living room where Alonso was waiting for his wife. Alonso saw his wife walked down the stairs he saw how elegant she looked. He walked to her and said " Te ves Hermosa Nanichi ( You looked gorgeous my love)." She smiled and kissed him. Then Miguel followed and looked like he was a bad mood. He did not spoke to anyone.

They left for the party..............

They reached the party and Victoria was waiting in front of the place. She saw Miguel in a bad mood she was worried about him. Why was he mad she thought? Then she saw Manuel smiling at her, she smiled back. But she wanted to be with Miguel. Then they continued to inside, Victoria was sitting with Manuel. He was talking to her she nodded as well as ignored him. She kept looking at Miguel, she smiled at Miguel who waved back at her. Who was sitting with his parents who were talking to each other and having fun.
The music started playing and Manuel asked Victoria for a dance. She accepted and started dancing with him. She hated it but she had too not to make her Friend feel bad. Estrella and Alonso started to dance as well, they went were far away from the two dancing. Then Manuel stopped dancing and looked at the players to start playing. They started to play the tune Manuel gave them. He looked at Victoria and he started smiling at her. Everyone continued dancing.

Then Manuel started singing, he was singing the song of professing his love to Victoria. She was astonished with what was happening right in front of her. She looked at Manuel who looked at her with loving eyes singing about when they met how he grew and how he wants to grow with him. She then looked at Miguel who looked really furious in the back. He looked like he was going to do something. Then Manuel stopped singing. Then Miguel got up and slugged at Manuel everyone stopped dancing to see the brothers in a fist fight. Victoria was shocked she started yelling at them to stop. The continued fighting pushing each other to the tables and then they started yelling.
" Manuel! Ella era mio ( she was mines)" then he kept slugging him he was mad he did knew that Manuel loved her. Alonso came quickly and pushed Miguel to the floor and grabbed him trying to restraint him. So he would not do anything then he continued to wait till he calmed down.
" Yo Amo a Ella!!! ( I loved her) Miguel!!!" Yelled Manuel then Estrella came and pulled Manuel away from Miguel so he would not talk. There was a silence and Victoria was crying she felt guilty with what happened. She could not take in the guilt and with the scene that is happening right in front of her.
She said " Manuel lo siento pero Amo a Miguel ( Manuel I'm sorry but I love Miguel) she looked at him he stayed quiet. He sang a song for her he fought for her. He stayed quiet and walked to the door and left. Leaving everyone Manuel went home and Ripped up all his music he made for Victoria.

         Alonso pushed Miguel from the party and threw him to the ground. Alonso yelled " que tu hagas cuando te la ganas ( what you do when you have the will). Then Miguel stayed quiet, then he told him that he is going to enroll him to the military to give him respect.