Chapter 13/ Dominic's Place

When we arrived, I unpacked all of my things in the guest room and Dominic went to play his game. After I placed everything where I wanted it to be, I went to explore his home alone. I noticed a couple of odd looking things but they were different and I guess cute. It was a nice size, he had five bedrooms and four bathrooms. He had two living rooms and a den area, known as his "man cave". He had a built in swimming pool and a two car garage with a pool table. The kitchen was beautiful and I was in love with his home. I went in the kitchen and fixed a bowl of ice cream. I then went to find Dominic. Him and some friends were all playing the game, smoking and drinking beer. So I decided to go in the quiet living room and read over some cases. I missed my job and was ready to get back to work. I made some notes and practiced my messages to the jury.

"You haven't lost it." Dominic said, scaring the hell out of me.

"I have, I'm slowly but surely gaining it back. Its been way too long." I said.

"I see you have a lot to work on I'll let you be." He said.

"No, your fine. I'm almost done. Come here let me show you something." I said as I was pulling out his file. "This is how we beat your case." I said , pulling out everything. He explained to me a couple of situations that we could've addressed also.  I smiled at him, and we looked each other in the eyes for a while. I broke the awkward silence and put the papers back in the folder. "Where did all your friends go?" I questioned, trying to get him just to leave the room. I was melting like a school girl, and I didn't want to expose any other feelings.

"Come on, I want you to meet my homeboys." He said as I put up my case files in my briefcase and followed him. 

"Actually that is not a good idea." I tried to back out but it was too late. 

"Aye, this is my dear friend, Serena. Serena these are my boys. Lucky, Speedo, Tre, and Tyrone." Dominic said as he sat in his chair and pulled out a chair for me. I smiled at them and quickly turned my head away from them. I didn't want Dominic to think I wanted any of them and I also didn't feel comfortable with all eyes on me.

I began to think about Dominic's little girl Ameilia. The Last time I seen her, me and her mom were fighting. Dominic handed me a bottle of water. My heart was racing and I flinched at his gesture. I didn't like being touched because of what happened. I jumped up and walked out the room. I went upstairs, threw up in the toilet and got in the shower. I sat there for a moment, deep in thought and traumatized from the rape. I began to cry and whimper like a child. I was scared, I felt washed up and unwanted.

*Knock Knock*

"Serena, you ok?" Dominic said. I just sat there and continued to cry. I didn't want him to see me like this. I felt embarrassed, allowing another man to take care of me after a man took advantage of me. I'm begging for more situations like this.

Moments later, the water turned cold and I got out. My hair was soaked, my skin was pale, and my eyes were red and puffy. I put lotion all over my body and let my hair hang down my back. I brushed my hair and applied cream on my bruises. I than put on some shorts and a big tshirt. I turned my light out and laid down.

*Dream*

"You bitch" He said as he slapped me so hard I flew to the wall. I knew that I had to do something but I was too weak. That blow to the face was enough, he hit me two more times and I tried to scream, He then grabbed my neck and pulled out his gun. "Please, why are you doing this. If you let me go I won't say a word I promise. Just don't hurt me, I'll do whatever you want." I begged as he removed my panties.

He had the gun to my temple and I was crying and was praying that Someone would save me. He pulled his pants down and began kissing me, I was crying and was trying to get him off of me. He slapped me with the barrel of the gun and pointed it to my head. "Bitch you better act like you love this dick." He rammed it in my vagina and I cried out in pain.

"Tell me how it feels, tell me you love me bitch or your dead." He said while going in and out harder and harder. I cried even more because I was helpless. He hit me in my face with the gun again and kept going. I tried pushing him off me again and then he flipped me over. I screamed again as he rammed it back in. I was in so much pain, I kicked, cried and was screaming all at the same time.

Meanwhile, the club was still jumping. No one noticed how long I was in the bathroom because Shaniya was drunk and Amber met a guy. The music was too loud for anybody to hear me, so I was dead.

"Please stop"

"Please, stop. Aaaahhhhhh ! Noooo Stop" I woke up in a sweat. It kept replaying over and over again in my head. I sat up and cried. My hair was all over my head and My shirt was soaked. I changed clothes and went downstairs to get some water. I then heard a noise and my heart began to race. I looked around and peeped around the corner. To my luck it was Dominic in his man cave. I peaked in and watched him inhale a bunch of smoke.
I walked in and balled up beside him on the couch, He took the blunt out of his mouth and Scooted away from me.

"Why are you up?" He asked me. I looked up at him and said. "nightmares, just can't sleep." He shook his head and put his arms around me.

"Your safe here Serena. No worries ok? I know what happened to you is going to be difficult to get over, but I'm here for you." He said. I just wrapped my arms around him and allowed him to hold me.

The next morning I woke up in Dominic's bed, he was sound asleep on the other side of the bed. I was praying nothing happened last night between us. I got up, did my hygiene stuff and fixed us breakfast. I cooked cheese eggs, bacon, and blueberry pancakes

"Goodmorning ," Dominic said, while wiping his face with a towel. He had on basketball shorts, his slides with no shirt. I was starring hard at his body. I smiled and licked my lips. He laughed at me and sat at the table.

"What's funny?" I asked him.

"You. You can't avoid not starring at me, I know. My body is something to look at girl, it's fine no judgement." He said. I was blushing

"Cocky ass." I said, while fixing our plates. We ate and talked about our lives. We even talked about High School days and it lead up to our everyday lives today. I loved the fact that he wanted to get to know me, but why? I was just his lawyer, why am I so important enough to save? After breakfast, I went and got dressed for work. I had on a all black tight fitted dress, with a baby blue blazer with matching pumps. I curled my hair and applied my make up. Dominic and his friends were in the kitchen, writing and talking.

I grabbed all my files and put them in my big Chanel bag, I then grabbed my mini purse and was now searching for my car keys.

"Hey Dominic, you seen my keys?" I asked him. He looked at me and couldn't talk. I smiled, cause I knew I was flawless. "Yes? No?" I said while walking up to him.

"Yea Ms. Serena , in that cabinet." He pointed and watched me walk. He followed me and pulled me to the side. "Damn, you going to work in that? " He said, while licking his lips. I smiled at him and I shook my head.

"Its not too short to make me slutty, and not too old fashion to make me look over forty, so yes this will have to do." I said.

"I know, but its tight. Showing off yo body. " He said. With a jealous look, biting down on his teeth. 

"Look, I really have to go to work if you want to discuss wardrobe we will have to make an appointment. I said straight up. He followed me back in the kitchen and I gave him a hug. "Stop Dominic. I will be fine, I don't need a body guard."

I then grabbed my belongings and started walking towards the door. "Have a nice day Dominic." I said Leaving him and his boys speechless.