Chapter 28|Careless

"Dominic. It's time to wake up unless you're staying in today." I stated as I was getting ready to head out the door. Ever since the news about his brother, he's had this cloud of darkness sitting above his head and I'm not sure if I should leave or stay here and show him sympathy. After hearing what he said as well as seeing his actions before and after the funeral he left me confused. Walking back to his bedroom door I placed my ear on it. Complete and utter silence, I shook my head and said, "Dominic would you like me to cook you something to eat before I go home?" Nothing. "Can you say anything? I don't want to leave you like this Dominic, but I also don't know how you feel about me staying. So I'll just be back and forth if that's fine." Dominic still gave me nothing. All day yesterday he was all about me but maybe that was just a front in front of his mother. I shrugged it off because it had already been an emotional week. I want to go home to give him space but I don't wanna leave him in this state. I looked at the door once more and wanted desperately to break that it down, really wanting him to talk to me but I got other things to worry about such as my career. 

I have to snap back into reality. I forgot who I was in a split second without realizing how I affected my clients lives. I needed to get back to my duty and continue my journey 'The Lady Lawyer'. 

*Dominic*

My heart is so cold, I feel like I can't trust a soul. Not even the ones meaning well, nobody will ever understand how I feel. Nobody will ever live up to my brother and the streets gone bleed until people talk. When it comes to family I turn evil, I let my person out of the closet and let him do my dirty work. Until then I'm solo dolo.

I heard Serena at my door but I'm not ready to talk to her or anyone else right now. I feel dangerous and I can't have her around me right now. I don't need anybody feeling sorry for me. Its all apart of the game yet Serena still doesn't know.