Chapter 12/ "I got her"

Back at Dominic's house he didn't realize how late it was. He got dressed and went to the hospital. When he arrived he seen Serena's Parents outside their car in a heated argument. Then Serena's Dad punched Mrs. Joyce hard in her face causing her to fall onto the car.

Several people witnessed it, but I ran up to her. I punched him dead in his jaw and grabbed Serena's mom and took her to the room.

"Are you ok?" I asked her. She shook her head and wiped the blood from her lip. She was shaking and I could tell this wasn't the first time. When we got to Serena's room she was sound asleep. Her mom went to the bathroom and I woke up my baby.

"Hey baby girl." I said and kissed her cheek. Her eyes were puffy and I could tell she been crying. She sat up and gave me a hug. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing Dominic, I'm fine , Can you not call me baby." She said with an attitude. Then her mom came out the bathroom and left the room.

"Your Dad has been beating her, I witnessed it tonight." I said. Serena shrugged her shoulders and laid back down. I could tell something was bugging her but I didn't want to press the issue. I stood up and she said, "Your leaving too?"

"No, I'm going to ask the doctor when can you come home. I'm here forever Serena." I said and kissed her cheek. I went to the desk and asked when she was being released.

"Tomorrow at eleven ." The nurse said. I thanked her and went to the room to pack up Serena's things.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"Um, You're leaving in the morning." I said. She smiled and asked me to come lay with her. She laid on my chest and we fell asleep. I knew she was feeling me, her guard stays up and I'm willing to go as slow as I need. This isn't helping but I'm going with it.

The next morning we got up, the nurse came in to check her vitals and seen that she was fine. She signed the papers and we headed home.

"Here Put this on, I wanna take you to this place before I take you where you need to go." Dominic said, putting a cute sun dress and matching shoes on the hospital bed. 

I took a shower, placed my hair in a mess bun and lathered my body with lotion and perfume before stepping out of the restroom. 

"You look beautiful." I told her and kissed her cheek. She smiled and sat in the wheelchair as I grabbed her bags and pushed her out the room and down the hall.

"Your car is at my house, do you want to come stay a couple nights at my house?" I asked her, hoping she would say yes. Even if she didn't she was still staying. She looked at me.

"Are you sure? Like I can manage on my own now, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I really don't need a babysitter."

"Yes, I have a guest room that is already set up for you. I don't want you to be alone and your Friedman's a have busy lives. I understand what this is Serena." I said straight up.

"Ok, I will. Can we go get some of my clothes." She said. I went to her house and seen that there were cars parked. We went to the door and heard commotion. I had my strap on me and was prepared for anything. We slowly walked up , I grasped her arm and pulled her behind me. I slowly opened the door and

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled. I put my gun up and we went inside.

"Really Amber?" Serena said while hugging everybody. She was excited and I could tell. I called a few of my homeboys over to enjoy the little get together. After me spazzing on her I didn't think she would be so forgiving. I seen that it was a few people she worked with and all of her bestfriends, and her mother. I gave her mom a hug and told her to stay in Serena's house. She shook her head no, she had a small condo outside of Queens, and had a couple friends that were coming to get her when everything was over.

Serena ran upstairs and I followed. Runing in the restroom, she quickly applied make up to her face and put on a cute casual outfits. "My face is beat up and bruised but I am still beautiful." She said to herself.

"Aaaahhh" She screamed when she came back in the room. "Your scared the hell out of me. Make noise when you enter please and can you get out please."
"Talk to your mom before she leaves, she was just telling you Dad that she was staying with you and he hit her." I said, hoping she would.

"Ok Dominic, I will talk to her." She kissed my cheek and we went back downstairs. She pulled her mom aside as everybody was dancing, eating, and drinking. Serena was trying to get back to her life and I wanted her to be happy.

The little gathering ended after a couple hours later, we cleaned up and I went to help Serena pack some of her things.

"You can't take my bestfriend from me. My bitch knows to remain the same and I'm a phone call away." Shaniya said. Everyone laughed and I looked at her.

"You better take care of her" Amber said.

"I will, don't worry about that. I will make sure she stays safe. I said while starring at her. She smiled a little and put her head down.

"Be careful baby girl, call me if you need me. We'll finish cleaning here and lock up for you." Amber said as we left to go to my house. I can tell she was nervous but I was going to reassure her and make sure she was comfy with the decision she made by  staying with me.