Chapter 38| Mel

Driving through traffic I knew Serena was in hiding, I hired some people to look out at her house and she hasn't been out, not even for food. I even went to the hospital to see if she's been with Shaniya. No show, her job, no show. I was worried about her, but I knew she could care less about me right now. I couldn't blame her because she almost lost her life because of my choices. All I could do was try to protect her whether she likes it or not. 

When Mel hit me up about him seeing Serena, I lost my mind. It wasn't her fault that she was doing her job. Honestly I'm glad she did or I would be behind bars. I know after me setting this all up to save myself, I new she deserved better. Serena's life is in jeopardy and I have to save her. I hit up Tyrone to see if he heard anything but the streets are dead. For the first time I was lost, I was stuck, Clueless. I was now making Serena my main priority since she couldn't fend for herself. Heading to my house, I knew I had to move in silence, I went into my home to call up a meeting with the people working under me and their soldiers. When I have meetings, I have a strict way of doing things. First order of business I write out each person's job duty, expose all enemies, list all old and new connects, change our way of doing things, and just making sure every thing and everyone is on the same page.

I called the meeting so my business could stay a float and so I can locate Mel and Serena. I had a feeling that somebody will slip up. So I made each team a folder and set up my bar in the dining room. 

*Monica*

Waking up the next morning I headed over to the firm and began to set up my new office. I also was preparing for interviews for the assistant position. 

"Well well well, Congrats to you." Sam said while placing a bottle of expensive wine on my desk. I looked up at him and chuckled. "How did you get her spot?" He asked

"Well she left this for me. She gave ED her resignation last night and in her letter she specifically asked that resume in her place in this firm." I said rubbing my hands together. First order of business I had to place all case files back in the drawers and conduct my own way of doing things. I had to pick up where Serena left off and I wasn't going to disappoint her. 

"Sam is there anybody out there waiting for interviews? I've emailed the board and asked them to release the application and HR has given me a few names will you check on that for me while I finish setting up?" I asked Sam and he smiled at me and left my office. I continued to clean and place items where they belong I even set up a welcome package for my new employee. My work phone began to ring and I picked up

"Hi, this is Monica." I said casually. "You have four interviewees, awaiting your presence. You don't sound right answering your own phone so you should hurry and pick please." 

"You and I both know this is a process. Human Resources handles the hiring, I just get to say who I would like and why now I have work to do see you later." I said and hung up the phone. I than put some flowers in the window seal and a photo of Serena and I when she first hired me. I smiled at the thought of her because of how she helped me and pulled me up alongside her. I then gathered the the four ladies applications and read over them. I continued to decorate my office, hooking up the computer, and changing the name plates. Placing two glass bowls filling them with candy and sitting in m chair. My dream came true, but for some reason I thought the worst. I made sure everything was in place and grabbed one of the ladies folders.

"Olivia Jenkins." I yelled out. The ladies straightened up and one stood up and waked towards me. "Monica Lewis." I said and shook her hand, "Please have a seat, so what brings you here? Why would you like to work for me?" I asked. 

"I believe I have the ethics. I fit the job description just fine with my experience." 

"Yes, Miss Dean Harvard Assistant. How could I miss that in your resume. You stood out with that but do you know the difference between the two buildings? What did you do there besides answer a telephone? Schedule a meeting?" She looked like she was afraid. I needed someone that would stay on there toes. I was looking for a me in the people that I was interviewing. When Serena interviewed me, she didn't let up, and with every question I threw an answer then she hit me with a question that hit home and she saw pain. That is when she said I resembled her, she had it all but still had to push to the top without using her parents, she had to come out of hiding and use her voice and talents. After being doubted, she didn't let it stop her. The verbal abuse from her demanding Father made her weak and afraid of the world.