Chapter 30: Evening the Score

§Evening the Score§

*Sam's POV*

"Wait... You're what?" Derek asks looking at me with a confused expression.

I sigh and nervously pull on the bottom of my shirt, "G-Gay..."

He continues to stare at me and I fidget in my spot. He shrugs, "Okay." He turns back to the T.V. and continues playing the video game.

"Wait. What? You're not affected?"

He shakes his head, still focused on the game, "Naw bro. Just don't tell me about your scoring anymore. I don't want to know about your weird explorations anymore. That will make me uncomfortable."

~*~

"I can't do this..." I look around at the swarms of people in the hallway and frown, "I can't go from being on top to the bottom."

Derek slaps me on the back, "Good thing you don't have to then. Because if anyone tries to give you shit," He motions to Seth, "We will take care of it so it doesn't happen again."

I nod and start to relax, "Thanks again for being so cool about it."

Seth smiles, "Of course. Once a troublemaker, always a troublemaker."

I smile back and see Kai walking down the hallway. My heart flutters and I scrunch up my eyebrows, "God. I'm becoming such a girl."

Derek laughs and pushes me up to him. I grab his hand and take a deep breath.

He smiles and we start to walk to first hour together.

People look at us and I can hear whispers of shock. I bite my lip and look around at the swarms of people staring.

Kai squeezes my hand and gives me a reassuring look. I nod and clear my throat, "JUST TO CLEAR THE AIR! SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO TALK BEHIND OUR BACKS.. YES! I'M GAY! DEAL WITH IT!" I pecked Kai's lips and walked into class with my head held high. Screw them.

I sat in my usual spot and Derek, Maggie, and Seth soon filled the seats around me.

"Nice job man!" Derek smiled at me and I smiled back.

The kids filed in and got in their normal seats, but surprisingly someone new sat near us.

Derek tenses and I look up, "So you're a fag now?" Ashton asks while smirking. I frown and look at my desk, "You disgust me. Something is seriously wrong with you."

Maggie gets up and taps his shoulder. I look at her and sigh. I knew it was a problem. Who would want to be friends with someone like me?

He turned around and looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and started drawing some designs on his bicep with her finger. He looked down at her finger then back up to her, by the time he looked back up she had pulled her other hand back in a fist. Her hand connected with his nose and he whimpered in pain.

She smirked and shook her hand out while he glared at her, "I guess we're even now."

He holds his nose as the teacher walks in. He looks at him then at Derek, "Detention!"

Derek looks up, tilts his head to the side, and smirks, "Wrong. It wasn't me this time."

Mr. Sharden rolls his eyes and holds out the slip, "I'll play along. Who was it then?"

He points to Maggie who was already writing down the notes and the teacher bursts into laughter.

Maggie looks up and raises her eyebrow, "He's not lying... I did punch him."

The teacher stops and frowns, "Oh. Well.. You get a warning then."

Maggie scoffs gets up, grabs the slip, and walks out. The guys and I all start to gather our stuff get up and follow her out. If one of us has detention, we all have detention.

*Maggie's POV*

I walked out with the slip in my hand and smile down at it. I usually would cry or not take the blame, but I'm not ashamed of what I did.

What happened to Ashton? He was this sweet caring guy when we were dating.. I guess I really didn't know him all that well..

"Mags!" Cameron screams when I walk into the room. I giggle as he picks me up and spins me around while hugging me.

"Hey Cam." He puts me down and pats my head. I swat his hand away and look behind him to see Saith and Luke smiling at me.

"Long time no see baby sis." Luke says as I sit next to him.

Soon after I sit, the door opens and in walks Derek, Seth, and Sam. They smile at me and pull some chairs up to our group of desks.

Luke asks, "So Cameron. I hear your girlfriend is really hot." He glances at Saith, "Maybe the hottest."

Saith and Cameron immediately get into an argument about whose girlfriend is hotter while Luke leans back and smirks, knowing he caused it.

I slap his arm and giggle. Luke is always causing their quarrels.

Sam and Derek start to arm wrestle and I look over at Seth smiling at his phone. Probably Jessi, I'm so happy for them.

I sigh and rest my head on the desk while tracing random patterns with my finger.

~*~

I wake up to something hitting my face and I look around. Derek and Sam are laughing as I peel pieces of paper out of my hair.

"Time to wake up sleepy head. I know. You didn't want to stop dreaming about me, but now I'm here in the flesh. So go ahead. Take a nice good look."

I roll my eyes and stand up, "You're delusional."

I walk out to look for Jessi, but to my disgust I find a disgusting act of saliva swapping on display in the middle of the hallway.

"Oh my god..." I whisper.

The couple pulls away and looks at me.

Ashton and Karla are hooking up?

~*~DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNN!! So most of y'all probably hate me.. Sorry not sorry..

Ashton is an ass... Oops?

Don't forget to...

Comment

Vote

Follow

And..

SHAAAAARRREEE!!

Teaser: I have no idea. I guess no teaser this time...

I love y'all and I will write soon. Until then, read on my little Wattpadians. ~*~