Chapter 14

~Katlyn's P.O.V~

I must have been in the bathroom for 30 minutes trying to wash the make up off. Mostly on my lips. Sigh...

I finally got it all off and when I left the bathroom I saw them eating popcorn and watching a movie.

"What movie?" I asked.

"Scary movie. We're having a marathon. They're hilarious!" Anne said laughing I took a seat besides Louis.

"Are you gonna wash off the makeup?" I asked

"I'm too lazy. I'll wash it off later" he said lazily. Yeah he is really lazy. Anne said she was tired and went upstairs to bed.

"Remember that dude Jeff from year 8?" I asked. He nodded.

"That freak who had an interest in bugs" he asked. I gasped.

"Umm. That 'freak' was one of my bestfriends. And ex boyfriend" I said glaring at him.

"Sorry didn't know"

"Yeah whatever." I said rolling my eyes. "You remind me of him now. Just as lazy" I turned my attention back to the TV. I can feel tears coming on thinking about Jeff.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you guys were close" he said. "Why are you crying?"

"Nothing. Just thinking about jeff."

"What did he break up with you or something?" Louis asked. Is he crazy! It was the only relationship I had that worked.

"No, it was the only relationship I had that worked. It's just that he..." Now I was crying my eyes out. "He died"

"I'm sorry Kat. I didn't know. But if you don't mind me asking, how?"

"He was killed" I was full on bawling now I still feel like it's my fault he died. Even though his parents and mine told me it wasn't.

"How?" Louis asked.

"During the summer of year 8 some of these guys were picking on me. Then Jeff tried to help me but they beat him up. It killed him." I said crying.

"It wasn't your fault he died. He died protecting you. I'm sorry I called him a freak. I just never really liked him" Louis said in all honesty.

"Why. He was an amazing person. I wish he was still here." I said wiping away my tears.

"Because, he was always flirting with you... It pissed me off"

"Why is that. We were never friends. We didn't talk to each other and we hated each other in high school"

"Cause... In grade school I... Used to like you" he said.

"Really? And you never told me in high school."

"No. I was friends with Zayn then. Some if the feelings were still there. But I wanted to fit in and Zayn was my best friend. I couldn't leave him."

"Of course. You bullied me because you wanted to fit in. Same with everyone else in the school including my brother. You know what. I'm tired. Night Lou" I said and went to bed.

I can't believe he was one of those jerks that bullied me just to fit in. I'm pissed off at him now.

But the fact that he opened up to me completely and told me the truth is a way of showing that he trusts me.

Now I'm confused. I don't know if I should be mad or okay he told me the honest truth. Well maybe I should forgive him. Before I fell asleep the last thing I heard from Louis was "i'm really sorry Kat." Then he kissed my forehead.