Part 27

The next day Niall was still like a zombie so I took the chance to go and meet Beth to go shopping.

Compared to Lauren, Beth was more of a goody two shoes! She was a lot calmer but could sometimes be a bit paranoid. She has always looked out for me.. I guess she's just always been a bit more mature.

I walked into the shopping centre, it was so crowded today. I had arranged to meet Beth outside of Topshop. I stood at the entrance of the shop waiting and waiting. By now my heels were killing me! A few people passed and recognised me, I found this so weird, why would anyone be interested in me, but then I remembered I am dating one of the members of the worlds biggest boyband!

Finally I could see Beth making her way through crowds of people. I could feel my mood change straight away and my face form a fake smile when I realised Beth was holding someone's hand. Matt.

'Long time no see.' Matt basically shouted as he made his way towards me. Matt was one of the most arrogant people I know. We dated for a while. We always had something from when we were fifteen but on my sweet sixteen birthday party that's when he made a move. From then for around four moths apparently I was 'his.' He was sweet when it was just him and I but when he was around his friends or just other random people he was such a dick. When I eventually broke up with him he started texting me every day calling me 'his toy', 'messed up bitch' and what I hated most was 'slut.' Thinking back now that's probably why I was so upset when Zayn started calling me a slut because of the memories I had with Matt. I really regret our relationship.

'I didn't know you were coming with someone Beth.' I stated the obvious.

'I was going to tell you when we went to that theme park that we had been dating for a while but I.. Umm I forgot.' She said obviously lying.

'How long is a while?'

'Four, maybe five months.' She said now looking guilty.

'We are meant to be older and more mature Madison, surely you can forget about what we had and accept Beth and I as girlfriend and boyfriend.' Matt said rolling his eyes.

'We had nothing.' I gritted through my teeth. 'Anyway I came here to spend time with Beth so that's what I'm going to do.'

We made our way into Topshop. I dragged my fingers through the racks of clothes watching Beth and Matt flirt and show public affection. This made me shiver. I could tell I was going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

After two hours of trying on clothes practically by myself Beth suggested going for something to drink.

'Why don't we all go back to my place for a drink.. Maybe something a bit stronger than coffee.' Matt winked nudging Beth who smiled.

What's happened to her! I thought she was innocent, what happened to the nice, caring Beth I used to know.

I got dragged by Beth back to Matt's place. His parents were like millionaires and had bought Matt an apartment which I must admit was so modern and cool. He went into the kitchen as Beth and I took a seat on his red leather sofa. When he came back he had a bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin along with three shot glasses. I knew this was going to end badly.

Niall's POV

I finished watching the football and checked the clock. 11:30pm. Where was Maddie? She said she'd be home at 5pm now it was six and a half hours later. I tried calling her but her phone was off. I then tried calling Beth and there was no answer. I decided to take my car out to go and look for Madison. I didn't have a clue where to start looking.

I parked the car on a street just a few blocks up from the high street. My phone then started vibrating in my pocket. It read Madison. 'Hey babe where are you?' I answered.