VI

I ran around the house, shouting, calling out to my mother and father. My throat was sore by the time I'd gone around the every room. one thing that I'd found had horrified me. My parent's butlers, maids, servants, everyone else in the house had been piled into the pantry, their eyes burnt out of their heads and their necks snapped.

     I cried silently until I ran out of tears. My makeup had been running for hours. Eventually, I had collapsed in my lap, dozing, until I was roused from my rest by a strange voice.

     "Wow,  that is pathetic."  My head snapped up. It was dark outside, I must have been sleeping most of the day. My hair had lost its wave.

     It was dark, and though I couldn't see the man's face, his voice chilled my bones and froze my blood. I thought that I was dreaming.

     It was him. The man from my dream. I wasn't stupid or delusional, but this was way to exact to be a dream.

     "Who are you? What've you done with my parents?!" I held a threatening expression on my face. I hoped that it would scare him. It didn't work.

     "You see, sweetheart," I flinched, pet names had to be one of my least favorite things."-that's two questions that I don't particularly want to answer."

     "How did you find me?" He sighed. "You are so slow! I'll answer no questions from some inexperienced Amethyst like you. But I will tell you this; If you cooperate, I can be your best friend. Otherwise," he chuckled, "Well that may not work out so well for you or your family."

     I chose my words carefully. "Then how do I cooperate?" "Come with me and don't screw anything up." "Fine." He seemed honestly surprised. "Well then, follow me."

     This man scared me. I wasn't about to go anywhere with him. As he turned away,I grabbed the pepper spray out of my messenger bag. I watched him slowly turn around, his eyes wide. I sprayed the bottle directly into his face. He screamed, and I saw something inexplicable happen. His eyes turned dark blue, and canine teeth were in place of his normal ones.

     "You-" he growled, but was cut off by my screams. I screamed for my mother, my father, the servants, and because of the claws digging into my back. A strange force pulled me back against the mansion wall. I could feel my blood dripping down the white surface.

     It hurt more than the heat of fire. i could see him walking slowly towards me, like  he had all the time in the world. He looked like a complete savage, but he could obviously still see.

     Looking back, I couldn't exactly remember what happened in the next ten seconds, but i can remember fear. Only fear. And then he was pinned to the wall, and I wasn't.  I didn't stop to wonder how it happened, I only ran. I kept running, until I couldn't anymore. He eventually caught time in an alley.

     "Holy crap," I whispered to myself. It was my dream, playing out exactly. Looking down, I could see that my dress was in fact in tatters.

     "You can't outrun us, we will find you. No matter how far you run or how well you hide." I turned around, it was still there, in the same place. That dark hole.  I stepped towards the blackness, knowing what I had to do.

     "Go ahead and try, but-" There it was, the cold emotionless laugh. "Yeah, Yeah, I know, you'll find me."

    I jumped... and fell into someone's arms.
----------/------
HEY! Media is the creepy dude.
   ALLONS-Y!!
     -AJSmith