XVII

Two weeks later, we all knew everything that there was to know about each other. Portia'd lost her parents and her sister in a car accident. Josiah was afraid of the ocean because of an experience early on that I'm not allowed to reveal. Robin was an orphan who'd run away from every foster home they'd put her in. Lucas had finally cracked about his parents after some persuasion from me, but now I could see why he hadn't wanted to share. His father was the man who'd killed his mother, Christian Donner, Midnight's most trusted. We'd been training so hard, working together as one machine. One week after hard training, I was completely comfortable in my new shoes. Of course, that meant it was nearly time to leave, we just had to wait for my dreams to tell me where to find the other side. I had become stronger, smarter, and faster then I'd ever been before.

It was our last day before leaving, since we knew about which direction to head to find them. At dinner, none of us spoke. We all pretended that we didn't know about the almost certain death of at least one of us. We quickly packed our things after dinner quickly. I carefully placed a picture of me and my family in Canada in a green frame and set it at the bottom of my suitcase.

"I will find you. I promise." I whispered.

**************************

Another dream came that night, this one more disturbing.

I was looking down at the Earth, in slow, beautiful orbit around the Sun. Suddenly, it spun faster and the vision zoomed in to the U.S, then Arizona. Eventually, my sight slowed at a road sign: Welcome to Flagstaff, Arizona! The dream shot forward to a large, glass corporate skyscraper. The sign below read Doyle Block Industries. My eyes took me up to a thirteen story window. Four hounds were gathered there, shouting at each other.

"You know she's coming! We can't risk staying here any longer!" Sophie yelled.

"Sophie," Zachariah warned.

"Are you in charge here?" Brayden charged towards Sophie as she stepped back in fear. "No, I am! And we're going to stay here as long as I see fit. Plus, if she does show, we know that she'll take the bait." The bait? What were they talking about? Was it my parents? The unintelligible shouting continued. This was good, they were disorganized and didn't trust each other.

"Stop it!" Erin finally screeched over the noise. Silence fell. She pulled Brayden back and made her way towards Sophie as he had. "What makes you think you know more than our leader?" Sophie looked absolutely terrified.

"I just-" Erin slapped her straight across the cheek. Zachariah looked afraid to open his mouth. I wondered if they'd truly broken the good out of Sophie. She began to turn out of the room.

"Where do you think you're going? We haven't dismissed you yet." Erin grabbed Sophie by the shoulder and shoved her fist into Sophie's lip. Her teeth cut against her lip, leaving a deep gash.

"Now you're dismissed." Sophie winced and scampered out of the room.

"I knew she was unreliable," Brayden muttered. Zachariah spent a few moments debating, then quickly followed Sophie out the door, probably sensing the tension.

"She's insane," Erin agreed.

"We should've just let the Humanity take her," Brayden continued.

Erin spun him around. "Hey... It's okay. We will win this fight, promise." With that, she pulled him closer and placed her lips on his. The dream ended.

Erin was fighting for the only thing that could make her more dangerous. Love.

_________________________________

Hey guys... just another update... so bye.

ALLONS-Y!!!!!