IV

Once I'd gotten through TSA and the rest of security, I checked my gate by looking again at my ticket. A33. I saw the overhead signs; GATES A17-A35->. I followed the arrows to get to my gate.

As soon as I got there, I bought a book, Through The Looking Glass, for the nine hour flight. Finding a seat, I tried to pass the time productively.

Long story short, I read my mail, paid my bills on my laptop, then checked my email. Journaling was demanding now that I'd become successful. There was always something to be done.

      After waiting for about half an hour, the attendants finally announced,"Prepare to begin boarding, First Class."

     I got up. My mother had insisted on paying for my ticket and had upgraded my seat to first class. I knew she'd only done it to look good to the society and people around her. I began to get angry, but my better instincts told me to push the thoughts out of my brain, otherwise I'd be thinking about it for the entire plane ride.

     I forced a strained smile onto my lips as I boarded the aircraft.

     "Enjoy your flight!" The attendant told me cheerfully.

*****************************

     "This is your captain speaking, please stow all electronic devices in your seat compartments until we reach our cruising altitude. We hope that you enjoy your flight, thanks for flying with us!"

     There wasn't anyone sitting next to me, but the man behind me looked like he thought he was going to die.

     "Hey, you okay buddy?" I asked. He seemed to have to gather his thoughts before responding cautiously. His voice was slightly shaking as he replied,"N-n-no, I'll be j-j-j-just f-f-fine." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

     I politely turned around and kept to myself for the next fifteen minutes or so. The captain announced that we'd now be able to bring out electronic devices, so I immediately grabbed my laptop and looked for a story.

     I wasn't technically off work today, so I still had to send the paper an article. I couldn't focus over the noise of the engines and everyone talking, so I decided to put in my headphones and shuffled my music. The first song that came up was Cheyenne Anthem by Kansas.

From the mountains to the sun...... Life has only just begun

     The sweet music filled my ears. If I hadn't been listening to music, writing about a boy in a car crash would've made me feel even worse than it already did.

     Six hours later, I was bored out of my mind. I was on song number seventy-three of three hundred thirty-four. The food carts came around . I got a caesar salad and a ginger ale. Maybe forty-five minutes later, I gave up trying to stay awake, as it was now 9:33 PM.

THREE HOURS LATER:

     "We are now beginning our descent into Panama City, where the time is 10:17 PM," So we'd switched time zones, "-and the temperature is eighty-two degrees Fahrenheit," great, humidity. "We hope that you enjoyed your flight. Have a nice stay here in Panama City." The recording then played in Spanish. I was thankful for the fact that I hadn't had any dreams.

     As soon as I stepped off the plane, I was greeted by moisture filled air. I grabbed m suitcase off of the baggage claim carousel . Walking outside, I sighed. There was a limo waiting with my name.

     "Hello, Ms. Astoria," I couldn't believe my mother. "Hello, Paulo."

***********************

(A/N) Hey peeps! Wazzup? Media is where Panama is located in the world. Don't really have anything to say.. so bye!:)

     ~AJSmith